Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently received a challenge to race a friend's 2010 Civic Si with my 2000 Celica GTS. Both cars are 6 speeds with no modifications (just bought my Celica three days ago). Which car has the better chance of winning? I did my research and compared both vehicles and it seems my Celica has the upper hand (or maybe I'm just biased)?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Please post racing subjects under the Misc topic called "Racing"

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
just because u have an upper hand it doesn't mean u can win the race :p give urself a try on the track and then u can debate on the advantages or dis-advantages

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
although this topic is old as hell, it was a bad idea. not the race, but to race with a 2000 celica 6-speed you just bought and arent familiar with. the 6 speed is notorious for being tricky to master and blowing heads because of drivers missing the correct shift gate - this was why the later models had this changed

·
Registered
111 Posts
off topic! :eek:fftopic:and wrong category.:nono:
danneile-you wanna make a new thread in the right category.
and this topic u just commented on is very old, try to stay with more recent ones please.

·
Registered
111 Posts
the vvti of a celica is quite similiar to the v tech of a civic. Variable Valve Timing with Intel, thats not such a good upper hand specially if the gts is a 6 speed with dif ratiod gears and T/A.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts