Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#990000'>Alright everyone, as you may or may not know, I turn 16 in less then a month
So no more stealing cars, and trying to catch you with my turbo trike..Here are 2 cars I'm going to look at on the first August weekend(2nd, 3rd).

The first one is a 1990 Toyota Celica GTS:

Exterior;
Black Tint on front and rear lights
2.25" drop
2 inch wide wheel base in the back
Single Wiper
Original mags polish

Engine;
Fuel Pump
P-Flow
2" Stainless Dual exaust
Muffler
Chip

Interior;
4 points harness
Pedals
Steering
Carbon Fibre dash and center console

Sadly this is the only picture he had..But It does look nice, and yes I have posted pictures of this car before..You're not crazy

The second car is a 1990 Toyota Celica GTS
:

Engine;
Intake
Exhaust

Interior;
Gauges

I'm sure I'll end up getting the one that takes the inspection better..But which one do u think I should get?

PS: There ya go Meryem</font>

·
Registered
133 Posts
<font color='#000000'>well if youre asking which one looks better the black one does, but i think in reality the red one is better for a new driver. plus you can mod it yourself.

but what are prices, mileages and previous owners?</font>

·
Registered
86 Posts
<font color='#810541'>Hey Frosty,

I think Snake is right. Get us some more data, as the mileage and especially the usage (i mean how the owners used the car) of the Celis.  :)

The black one looks better than the red one, which could be very appealing to a "fresh meat" driver. But I think (as usually it proves) the opposite is truth. The red one seems to be in a better shape, the owner maybe did not use it very often, it looks cleaner and even the dampers look ok to me(high enough)  :D  But I guess the feeling of what is right and what is wrong is very hard to tell.. cause just judging from pics  :suspect:

.. try to look for the weak points (famous by Celicas, e.g. radiator, oil consumption - check the muffler, etc.) then you'd have a clearer picture.

This was just my humble opinion  :D  i would be very very suspicious by next byuing (i haven't bought my one in a good shape)

Wish you luck !!</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#990000'>First one: 195,000 KM(I believe a Teen owns it)

Second one: 188,000 KM(Drivern by a 38 year old man)

I'm guessing the 2nd would be the best buy..</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#990000'>Hehe..Guessing by what the kid's done to the car..I'm sure he's driven the #### out of it as well..i can make the red car look just as nice as the black
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Awwwww thanks Frosty!
 Yeah I think Snake is right... the black one loks awesome and it may seem cool to get it with all those mods done but he's prolly driven the sh!t out of like like you said.  The red one will most probably have less problems in the future and this way you'll be able to mod it with parts YOU want, though with the black one you could sell them and make a bit of cash to buy the new parts.  But I wouldn't take the chance with a teen driving it.
And I know you can make the red one look even BETTER than the black!  :thumbsup:</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
<font color='#810541'>ive seen the black one around the internet... somewhere it said he had turbo on the car, stay away from it, he mightve messed it up with that turbo and now is trying to get rid of it, go with the older man he prob drove it on the freeway and has lots of freeway miles on it, take it from the old man</font>

·
Registered
102 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Haha.. "the old man".  Frosty's the cult leader...

ahem..

Yeah, go for the red.  The 4 point harness is pointless as well as the dual exhaust.. i mean c'mon, harness without roll cage? Dual exhaust = weight.  no matter how much power you have, you still only have 4 cyls!

Freeway or city, they're still miles, but don't forget, 10k can make a difference.  Hope you make a choice and tell us which one you're gonna get!
Plus, the black one is FRENCH!! Damn quebecois!! rofl.. JK JK
</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
<font color='#810541'>there is an actual difference if miles are freeway or city, freeway miles are not stop and go like city, so your not looking at the motor going then stopping, going then stopping, less stress on the motor, because you dont have to put it in gear, take it out, put it in gear, take it, though i agree with you freeway miles are still miles but theyre not as bad as stop and go miles, that also means he didnt use his brakes as much as in the city and many other things you can take in to mind while shopping for a car</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<font color='#990000'>Well..Only 3 days left..The problem is I may have to park it there, and drive it back a week later..However, as soon as I get it I'll give you the news, and my dad has a digital Camera..So of course I'm going to have to slap on a g-string and pose on my car..Aghh..I mean ill take pictures of my car..I don't do that sick stuff...Ahh I'm in a real mess now

Haha JK..But for sure I'll get pics up!</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>definantly the red one. the black modded one might seem cool but will be more likley problematic then the red stocker. and hell you can do the mods yourself.
the one owned by the kid will have been flogged for sure. never buy a used car from a wog its been used to its absolute maxamim potential. same applies to kids.
does that rule apply over ther go greeks and italians all drive hotted cars stupidly fast and hard ? cause i know for sure we do here lol
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Hawk:  Yeah I agree with you there, I remember when I was younger my dad telling that to someone about the motorcycle he got used, and it stuck with me ever since.  He had to do this really expensive surgery on this dog and the owner didn't have enough money to pay so he asked if my dad would take the bike as payment since he was planning on selling it anyways.  The guy used to drive it to and from Florida so nearly all the miles were highway.  That's the only reason my dad agreed with the bike having so many miles on it.

Frosty:  If the pic doesn't have you in a g-string then I ain't lookin at it!  :p  Can't wait to see the pics, too bad about maybe having to leave it there for a bit though...  Hope you don't have to!

Toof:  :laugh:   I dunno...</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<font color='#990000'>Haha..
He said he needs a van now cause of his new child..So I'm thinking red is the way to go
</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Meryem13@July 30 2003,9:23
<font color='#000000'>Frosty:  If the pic doesn't have you in a g-string then I ain't lookin at it!  
 Can't wait to see the pics, too bad about maybe having to leave it there for a bit though...  Hope you don't have to!</font>
<font color='#990000'>LoL..Well maybe I'll send your some private show pictures
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Originally posted by Frosty66+July 30 2003,9:24-->QUOTE (Frosty66 @ July 30 2003,9:24)
<font color='#000000'><!--QuoteBegin-Meryem13
@July 30 2003,9:23
Frosty:  If the pic doesn't have you in a g-string then I ain't lookin at it!  
 Can't wait to see the pics, too bad about maybe having to leave it there for a bit though...  Hope you don't have to!
LoL..Well maybe I'll send your some private show pictures
</font>[/B]
<font color='#8D38C9'>OOOH!  Yeah baby!

LMAO we're just in sync with this whole posting thing...</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Yeah the first reply I posted, I thought I did something wrong cuz I went back to Off Topic after I posted and your name was there instead of mine... I went back and saw you posted at the same time, then I was going nuts trying to keep up!  It was quite funny... :laugh:  But then I decided to give it a break and I had to go anyways so that's that.  :)</font>

1 - 20 of 41 Posts