Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I have the opportunity to buy a 1988 Toyota celica. I’m starting to learn about cars and I’m not sure if buying this car would be a huge mistake because of this issue. The lady selling explained to me that after driving more then 5 miles when you stop the car it stalls. She also said it starts up rough afterwards. I don’t know if it pushes forward like it’s trying to go or if it just stops. If anyone knows how big of a issue this is I would be very appreciative. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
My personal opinion...you know what they say about opinions.
if you don't know anything about cars why would you buy something that you know is bad?
Let a qualified mechanic look it over first. Could be something simple and cheap or you might be getting into a rabbit hole $$$$

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My personal opinion...you know what they say about opinions.
if you don't know anything about cars why would you buy something that you know is bad?
Let a qualified mechanic look it over first. Could be something simple and cheap or you might be getting into a rabbit hole $$$$
Thank you for the response. I was planning to take it to the mechanic to do a check first. Since there is only that issue I think it’s a good way to Introduce myself into working on cars. With YouTube nowadays you can learn to fix anything. I will take that into consideration though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts