Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi guys, I need some really solid advice.  I'm trying to get a Celica 2000 gt and found one for about 9500 dollars.
it has 45,000 miles, is this a good deal?  

The car has been professionally repainted because the previous owner had blue flames on the side panels.  I am worried about purchasing a car that has been repainted.  It is in white, and there are no traces of blue outlines now, but can I trust this?

Also Upon test driving I noticed that the Clutch pedal vibrates (only when my foot is on it half way) slightly when the car is in neutral or in idle however there is no problem when I engage in any gear.  could this be a future problem?

Please offer me any advice please!

Thanks</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>Welcome to the boards and to being a proud owner of a 7th gen celi!!!! yaaaaay!
You'll have to see what one of the boys here say about mechanical stuff such as your car vibrating... Perhaps your vibrate is similar to mine. My car is missfiring due to a messed up valve... but before I changed the spark plugs after an unfortunate missfire (NOT me..) she was "vibrating" pretty heavily. Then I changed them and I can barely notice it.
I have a gt-S and mine costed 13,000 used with 64,000 miles. I searched for two months for a 2000+ celica and 13,000 is the cheapest used celica that I came across. 9500 sounds awesome... but almost... too awesome. I dunno... thats just what I would think after searching for so long. Might wanna get it checked out or go full force for the gt-s.  
 And if the previous owner put other mods on it and got graphics.... thats even more reason for further inspection considering the previous owner probably dogged it out... ya know?  ???</font>

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>Yeh thanks for the reply, I originally wanted to get a GTS, the cheapest price also I could find is about 13,000 for a GTS.
For the GT it varies between 10,500-12,000

It does sound a bit too good to be true eh?  Thing is I have pictures of the custom blue flames and pictures of it after the paintjob and it looks great.  But you are right if the person customed alot of stuff, then he may have modded the engine as well.  I will try to get a mechanic to look over it.</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>you mean you could get a USED gt for 10-12,000? yeah, that sounds right I guess... hmm...  Yeah, see what kind of mods he did to the engine! that would be good to know... and make sure the car wasn't repainted because the last owner got into an accident... if he did, that would explain the low price, don't you think?  ???</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Good thing our moderater hasn't been around for a while or he might have asked you not to post the same topic is 2 different forums
 hehehehe...
Yeah, All that stuff that Luv said is good, I also posted a list of things on your other topic in 7th gen forum to ask the previous owner about the car, cuz that price does seem a little too good to be true.
And yes, find out if other mods were done and take it to a good mechanic to have it checked out professionally... maybe even a toyota dealer...  :thumbsup:</font>

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#000000'>Sorry about the double post, I will just post here from now on.

The car appears to have about 4 owners prior to this (I'd be the 5th owner.  First was registered I believe to a dealer and then was sold at about 14,000 miles.  Then it was bought and 2nd title was issued.  Then there was a transfer of ownership 3 weeks later back in 99.  I wonder if it had to do with transferring titles for lower insurance.  The dealer who is selling it to me now would be the 4th and he has hardly driven it.  I'd be the 5th.  I'd probably have a hard time selling this later right if i chose to?  In terms of maintenance i'm not sure how it was maintained until my mechanic checks it out.  But from the test drive it defintely had more power than two other celicas I test drove (same model and year)

the tires are ok, and the interior is a bit old for my taste.  The person who owned it sprayed the panel interiors (i.e. heat panel and AC buttons) blue and the dealer sellin it had the paint removed.  Now the color dials that represent blue and red for AC and heat are missing and so are dial pictures of the direction of air flow.  So the inside will have to be touched up and hopefully won't cost me too much $$$?

Also does anyone know where I can find that silver little thing that holds the shift knob together with the sleave?  That seems to be gone too.</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>Haven't you looked under the hood at all? *L* If it's more powerful and you've driven all of the same year GT-S's, it only makes sense that there are mods added to it...
I'm sure that the interior can be fixed up to be really nice.. like Mereym did with her interior she painted it and you can put vinyl over it... check outher new thread under 'Interior'. it looks great... might be something to consider.

Um.. as for the silver thing.. you mean the one between the shift knob and the boot? uhh.. I dunno. *L* You can go to Pep Boys, auto zone, wal-mart even and get a new knob with a boot.. they have pretty ones... I'm gonna get this red one I saw soon.
</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts