Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>right i live in the u.k we have around 2 to 3 days a year when aircon is maybe a nice to have mine is not working dont know why and the arsed factor of fixing it and sinking money into something which i have heard is not reliable at the best of times is not an option so............i want to take it out question is have any of you done it whats involved and what sort of weight reduction am i likely to get also has anyone on here run there celica with the under engine plastic linerers removed ive heard it aids engine bay cooling but some feedback would be gr8

thanks b.t.w its a 1990 st185 jdm model</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>argh coudlnt live w/o air con here

dont you use it to demist your windows when they fog up ?

havent taken it out in a celi but a mate of mine stripped it from his laser and weighed a fair bit</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font color='#000000'>thanks for the info toof basically its the refridgeration side which isnt working the blower and heater side is fine which im going to leave in for as you say demisting purposes but as for the rest condenser etc etc i want to remove but only if it isnt going to mess up any of the other car systems</font>

·
Registered
13 Posts
<font color='#000000'>hey dude im up in canada and i took the air con out yesterday but i went buck and took out a power steering hose too! so every thing works fine and im pretty shure that it gives u some horses to ....one less belt? i took a couple hours.</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font color='#000000'>well i think its definatly going to come out if its something simple like  a fuse or relay i will leave in but other than that out it comes any info on the plastic under engine bay plastic liners would be helpfull any of you guys running round without them on and does it aid the cooling in the engine bay</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font color='#000000'>Hi All
I live in Florida and use my AC all the time and have no problems. I know you dont use it much but your not really going to lose much weight. Removing the items will not hurt any other systems but I do not beleive it will add any horse power. The only time it reduces power is when the the compressor runs. Other than that it is free wheeling. Removing the plastic will help in cooling. The only bad thing is if you drive in rain alot it will allow water in the engine area more. This could be a very bad thing. Good Luck!!</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts