Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't know about your newer gen car but when I purchased an oem reman it had to be set up with the VIN of my '91 GT. When I got the car it had a boneyard ecu in it that failed and some of the features of the car didn't work....just sayin'.
After installing the "new" ecu bells and whistles lit up that I never knew were there.
There's a company in Homestead, FL that rebuilds them. My cost for a reman was around $227. (+/-). If interested I can post the company.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also the proud owner of an '01 gt and I am looking for an ecu as well. All the interchange info I've found says that 01 only interchange with 01. And so on and so on. I don't really want to buy a brand new one cuz this motor has 280k miles on it and I'm afraid I'll find out that it ain't gonna help.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Help with what. What are the problems? The all the issues I was having with stalling, no start etc. all pointed to a failing ecu.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sea-j sorry for the confusion. I wasn't asking for help. I was commenting that I didn't want to buy a new one cuz the motor has 280k+ miles and I doubt that a new ecu will make it run like new. I also have mil light on with code p0420. My maf is good I've changed both 02 sensors, I believe the cat is ok. I think it's a vaccine leak or iac. I suspect broken motor or trans mount as well cuz of the ferocious vibration at idle in drive. I haven't had a lot of time to go over the whole system but I'm checking stuff slowly

·
Registered
3 Posts
  • Sea-j sorry for the confusion. I wasn't asking for help. I was commenting that I didn't want to buy a new one cuz the motor has 280k+ miles and I doubt that a new ecu will make it run like new. I also have mil light on with code p0420. My maf is good I've changed both 02 sensors, I believe the cat is ok. I think it's a vaccine leak or iac. I suspect broken motor or trans mount as well cuz of the ferocious vibration at idle in drive. I haven't had a lot of time to go over the whole system but I'm checking stuff slowly
    Sorry not a vaccine leak. A vacume leak

1 - 7 of 7 Posts