Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>does anyone now how to install  the cataylic converter to a 1980 celica supra? its original engine is a 6 cylinder but it has a 4 cylinder and the cataylic converter isnt connected to the exhaust and i was wondering if i could fix it that way or do i have to change the whole system or get its original engine
</font>

·
Registered
101 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>If it had an I4, I just call it a Celica
 But, if you want you can cut a small bit of the old piping off, just a hair off both sides and re install the old cat, or a new one with muffler clamps. That should work, but I've never done it on an '80 Celica/Supra. You can also weld it on there with a MiG welder, thats the best way to go, but its not easy to just go buy a welder.</font>

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000000'>the cataylic converter is welded on and everthing is connected but its misssing a piece its like a tube or something i dont know what its called so if anyone knows what pieces are connected to the cataylic converter that looks like a tube please tell me</font>

·
Registered
20 Posts
<font color='#000000'>By tube are you talkin about it coming out of the side of the cat???? How is it missing is it broken or just not there? If it is not broken then you should be able to buy all the pieces necessarry to complete install.  However for what a pain it will be the best bet is to by a universal fit Cat from a parts supplier. Should come with everything you need for install minus pipe. You may need to lengthen or shorten depending on size difference.  Feel free to e-mail me [email protected] if you have any questions.  I work at an exhaust shop and am new to the site.. If I can help a fellow celica owner then I will do what I can.. Let me know</font>

·
Registered
101 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>The tube your talking about sounds like its just piping. Is it missing on the header side or catback side? If your missing the pipe, you can go to your local hardware store with the dimensions of your piping and pick one up, you can use muffler clamps if the piping is a hair bigger, if not, weld it on.</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
<font color='#810541'>a tube?? maybe a flex pipe? well anyway.. just go to any exhaust shop and have them install a cat converter.. shouldnt be more then 100 bucks.. and they will take the old one out and weld a new one in, they will put a universal one on there</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts