Registered
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is right out of owen

dammit forgot to add CF pattern for download, sorry guys
its little pic here ->
<-

UPDATE
you only has to do "define pattern" once, after that you can find it directly from edit > fill

Alternative pattern
if you want try another kind CF pattern, create new document and give measures height 1px and width 6px. select half of it and fill with black, select other half and fill with dark grey (example RGB 64 64 64) and make it as pattern.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Thanks for doing this, Jani! I am going to give it a shot this weekend.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Okay, so I am just now getting around to trying this out, but I am stuck at one part. "ctrl + left click layer where is and make sure CF pattern layer is selected, copy and paste it on new layer, we dont need big CF pattern layer anymore so you can delete it." I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Is it supposed to merge the carbon fiber straight onto the layer I made before selecting the hood?

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Okay, I figured that was what was supposed to happen, but I still can't seem to get it to work right.
Can you take a look at my .psd file when you have some extra time and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

.PSD FILE

Thanks Jani!

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm going to take look soon...
but before that i just though that did you noticed you can disable that "original" cf layer by clicking eye icon nect to it OR dragging it over rashcan in layers palette

but anyways i check your file soon

<personalized guide for Doug>
if i got your point right..
next thing you should do according your file is following.
-select CF layer
-CTRL click hood layer, now you should see selection shape of hood over CF layer
-copy
-paste, now you have new CF layer thats exactly size of hood
-disable untrimmed (original) CF layer with instructions i gave earlier in this post =)
-new CF layer may need to set on multiply again

if this didnt helped... just notify me.. again

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Originally posted by JazViper@Dec 6 2005, 02:03 PM
-select CF layer
-CTRL click hood layer, now you should see selection shape of hood over CF layer
This is what isn't happening. I don't get what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get it to get the selection shape of the hood with the carbon fiber over it.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
AHA! I got it! I was clicking on the words on the layer pallette, not the picture. DUH! Thank you!
If we had a reputation system I'd give you a +1

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Here's the finished product:

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
I still need a bit of practice, but it's cool to finally be able to do something that remotely resembles carbon fiber. Thanks for your help, Jani!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks...and will that make a perfectly vertical/horizontal line, or will it just keep the line your drawing from going every which way? Cuz I can't keep it from doing the latter

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hrmm... I guess I have someone who is around my lvl in graphic design.

Nice tut.
One of my best pieces....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts