• supra 3rd gen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basicly this will be my first car, and whatever it is I'm sticking with it for at least 20 year's, I'm looking at getting ether an early 80's supra, 87 to 97 celica st or gt, mr2 1990 to 2005, I could go earlyer just didn't see any. also dose the 2000s celica have the issue with the oil pump sucking in air an killing it after 2002 I know 2001 and 2002's do that, and what engine dose the 2000s mr2 use same as celica? and if i did get one could I do something to prevent that from happening? witch ever one I get I want to be able to keep in runing for a very long time. I plan on doing the work myself so witch ever ones the easyest to do that with is a big part of the decision. All of the ones I'm looking at are manual transmission.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm partial to the '91 Celica myself because of style. Mine is auto trans with shifting issues that need to be addressed. If I had my choice I would have gone with the manual trans, easier to work on. With regular preventative maintenance any one of those will last generations. Mine has 268k 2.2L. Parts are still available on line or local auto stores. The positive side is also value, If you keep it in good condition the value actually goes up with age because of "collector" status. I paid $2100 for mine and KBB now has an estimate of $3400.
Good luck on your search

1 - 2 of 2 Posts