Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if the engines are the same, can i buy an intake for a new model? lets say injen intake for 94. will it fit 92 gt?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>it may or may not fit.  if it's the same engine it'll bolt right up, but since the engine bays are shaped differently, other things in the bay (ie battery) may be in the way</font>

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I would say that it would not fit.  Like Spiffy said, even though it might be the same engine, it is most likely layed out differently.  Induction-Dynamics does make a cold air intake for the 5th gen though.  They are currently in the the process of redesigning it, so its not available now.  Good luck with that</font>

G

·
<font color='#000000'>I met a friend over at another celica forum who did an intake by himself. I saw it, it looks pretty kewl.
he cut two 90 degree pipe from some used old intake and then connect another 4 inch straight to the conic air filter.

btw. incorrect lenght of the intake travel will affect torque or hp. (I think too long would increase hp at high rpm range but decrease low end torque and too short would be vice versa)</font>

·
Registered
212 Posts
<font color='#000000'>find a shop that can do mandrel bends and get one made</font>

·
Registered
38 Posts
<font color='#000000'>
 Go to www.stylinconcepts.com and type in your cars information.  They have some universal air intakes that I have seen on your generation Celica before.  Good luck.</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts