Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>i need to know what does tha L and tha 2 in tha gears for a automatic transsmission do i heard its like a semi-automatic thing and if it is how can i use it? thanks and i need to know how 2 make my 1997 celica faster wit tha acceleration and stuff</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
<font color='#000000'>uh...  I drive stick but i did have the s h i t t y experience of driving auto before.  Power brake.  THe key to acceleration is high rpms on the launch.  Since u got no clutch, brake with your left foot and lightly gas with the right.  Build up the rpms to around 2,000.  Practice could be higher or lower, but dont hold teh brake long and dont rev to long.  

ALso start in L 1st gear.  then 2,000 rpms before u want the car to shift shift into 2nd.  Teh computer takes a sec to shift for u.  And just mess with that and u'll be quicker.</font>

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>so basicly i brake lightly then shift it into 2 then after that d or wat?? and 2,000rpm? i duno nothing about this type of stuff u gatta explain it and this stuff wont affect my transsmision rite? thanks</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
<font color='#000000'>step by step instructions.  ITs not bad on tranny (but stick would be better)  but never mind that.

1) put car in 1st Brake with left foot and press gas with right.  WHen ur ready to go release the brake.

2) SHift to 2nd then to drive or next gear.  

Thats all.  Dont shift at redline cause computer will go past redline shift just before.

ok</font>

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font color='#000000'>:alien: thanks to all of yall i got another question im kinda low of cash and i need 2 fix my celica 1997 i need to make it faster and stuff cuz theres alot of fast cars out there that b actin dumb wat can i do to make my car faster?and is it anywer in chicago?cuz thas wer i live and a website would help thanks</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
<font color='#000000'>www.jinxpxproductions.com  The only mods they have now are a series of ecu add ons but they work and are pretty well priced.  DIY, make and intake yourself.  Get 3" pc pipe and some boots and a cone and make an intake.  Lets see exhaust is not bad like $200 for a cat back system with an ok muffler.</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts