Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am wanting to buy a 7th generation GT-s with the Action Package ground effects and spoiler.  

Would it be better for me to buy a used GT-s and add the ground effects later to save money or would it be better just to buy a new one and just to make sure that the factory gets the ground effects right.  

I have looked at the price for buying the TRD after market and they would be more expensive plus having to pay someone to paint and install.  

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Just have it installed by the dealer it is way easier/cheaper/convenient just make sure you don't plan on getting a different body kit later.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It all depends on how much you would rather get a new car.  I just go a 2002 Red GTS with action package and it is fully loaded.  In my mind, I thought that if I was going to spend that much money, it better be new.  The only drawback to wanting a new GTS with action package is that you have to special order them straight from Japan.  When doing this, you can't really talk the dealer down on the price.  I had to wait for about a month and a half for my car.  I am very happy with it and I am happy I went the direction that I did.  The final decision is up to you, but I would rather wait and have the new car.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to get the action package put on my 2002 celica gts.  The parts are notw being dicontinued so if you need a replacement it isn't going to be easy or cheap.  It takes 6-8 months to get the car because they have to build the package right onto the car when they build 9so I've been told).  I was told by the dealer that it is just easier to buy a ground effects kit from a different company because it will be easier to replace and if you want a different style you can change it without hurting the cars current body style.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I ordered my GTS with action package, I was also told 6-8 months, but I received it in about 7 weeks.  They tell you 6-8 months just incase it takes longer than 2 months, their backs are still covered.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, not that I'm complaining about my car.  I love my car.  It isn't like I really had a choice though, my parents bought my car for a graduation/going to college present.  So I'm not complainging  :cool: They tried to get it, so they say, but it is ok.  I can do something better to it later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts