Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 GT-S auto, the manual mode only flashes whenever I switch to it, after checking the manual it says that it is either the transmission temp or "another issue". I don't know any other causes than a check engine light caused by a bad knock sensor, as they went out at the same time. If it isn't that, what else could it be?

·
Registered
104 Posts
2000 GT-S auto, the manual mode only flashes whenever I switch to it, after checking the manual it says that it is either the transmission temp or "another issue". I don't know any other causes than a check engine light caused by a bad knock sensor, as they went out at the same time. If it isn't that, what else could it be?
Is it just the light problem or does the manual mode not work at all? Do you have access to a service manual? Might find a freebie on the web. I would first check the wire connections to the transmission for corrosion at the plug(s). I know nothing about the manual mode since my '91 doesn't have it but for some reason sounds like the brain isn't getting info. A good contact cleaning and some dielectric grease could be a cheap fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it just the light problem or does the manual mode not work at all? Do you have access to a service manual? Might find a freebie on the web. I would first check the wire connections to the transmission for corrosion at the plug(s). I know nothing about the manual mode since my '91 doesn't have it but for some reason sounds like the brain isn't getting info. A good contact cleaning and some dielectric grease could be a cheap fix.
It doesn't work at all, but thanks so much, Ill look into that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts