Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys- I'm new here.

I bought my first car back in December- an automatic 1990 Celica GT-S 2.2L. I love my car so much, and have had a lot of fun driving it around- but there's some significant issues with it- she definitely wasn't shown much love in her lifetime, but she still pulls super well.

It was my intention that this be a project car- although I have little automotive experience or knowledge, there's a lot of mechanics and car enthusiasts in my circle (but I'm not really sure they'll be able to help with all of it).

To name some of the oddities with my car- there's a fake hood scoop, a turbo badge on it (even though it's not turbo), the previous owner did horrible blue detailing paint on the inside which looks like it was done with nail polish and wired LED's into it instead of using light strips- the wiring was obviously done wrong because there's weird electric issues such as the horn not working and passenger window only rolling down occasionally when the lever is pressed.

There's some serious mechanical issues that need to be repaired as well but I'm excited to fix her up because I see a lot of potential in this car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome! I’ve spent the past 2 years of my life focusing on these cars. They got me really into car culture in general. Let me know if you want some advice on dericing and sourcing parts. This forum is pretty dead but there’s still a few good ones around helping people out. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts