Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally come to the place where the stock clutch is no longer good enough....I guess 180 hp is too much for a stock 5th gen clutch or something, I've adjusted and everything else, but every time I go through the gears hard, I smell it burning, and its almost brand new, about three months old.  Who makes a clutch that has a good smooth street feel, not harsh or anything, but grips a lot better than stock?  I don't want any full out racing clutch, because I don't need it.  I just want something that won't slip, and will still hold well when I turbocharge the engine.  I'm looking @ powered by toyota's turbo kit, and I'm planning on running the full 10PSI of boost.  I've got the metal head gasket in and all that good stuff, but I'm gonna need a better clutch, the engine can handle the power, but the drivetrain can't

G

·
I know what you mean about that burning smell, it happend to me once when i was driving around my area. I haven't had too much success for finding a better clutch anywhere or even any clutch for 5th gen celicas. It's hard to find modifications for 5th gen celicas period. But if i find anything about the clutch imma post it cuz i know the pain of tryin to find modifications for it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The celica has a naturally ####ty clutch  :crazy: my #### has been hard from day one....... none of my friends have seen a clutch as hard as it..... i get foot pain driving it....... and then i got into a civic....what a pussey clutch.... good thing a ##### was driving it.... it was like playing a video game.... anyways..... how the #### do i adjust the clutch....... mine is way to heavy and is always ####ing my up when i try to race my 1994 celica st

1 - 4 of 4 Posts