Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Since I'm getting my resume and portfolio in order so I can start applying for j*bs that I might like, I thought it might be fun to see how some of you have quit your jobs (or wanted to) in the past....

When I got laid off from a web design co. I wanted to walk out the back door w/ my box o' stuff & yell, "FREEEEDOMM!" a la Braveheart
hehe

btw,
hi Joe! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA</font>

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I never burned bridges, except one part-time job, it was at a Pearle Vision Center (I just wanted lots of cool glasses/sun glasses)  :cool: ... when I went to quit, he got mad so I told him he can take his petty job and shove it up his a$$ cause I don't need it cause I got all the glasses I already wanted and obviously I wasn't there for the money  :p  Lost my temper a little that day  :devil:</font>

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font color='#000000'>well, my first job i just stopped going. the funny thing is the boss is cool with my best friend's dad so i always see him there. i have acted like nothing happened for the past couple years and he hasnt had the cajones to speak up so i guess thats cool. i havent really done anything noteworthy since then but at my last job as well as at my current job i always try to stir up my coworkers and get them to quit at the same time as me. hasnt happened yet but it would be funny if one day a place suddenly had nobody workin there...</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000000'>I think that may be happening here pretty soon...since I open the mail and answer phones, I know there are a lot of people having their employment verified for new jobs...and I even see some people mailing out their resumes from work

w/in a month, there could only be a few people left here, and that's not good for an office of a state dept. that enforces laws...during a budget crisis too...

w/ my luck I'll be one of the last ones and will have all the work dumped on my shoulders  

[edit]
I wonder if my boss reads this...I just got a raise
hehe
[/edit]</font>

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Originally posted by CelicaFan@April 07 2003,2:16
<font color='#000000'>I think that may be happening here pretty soon...since I open the mail and answer phones, I know there are a lot of people having their employment verified for new jobs...and I even see some people mailing out their resumes from work

w/in a month, there could only be a few people left here, and that's not good for an office of a state dept. that enforces laws...during a budget crisis too...

w/ my luck I'll be one of the last ones and will have all the work dumped on my shoulders  

[edit]
I wonder if my boss reads this...I just got a raise
hehe
[/edit]</font>
<font color='#000000'>
Congrats!!!</font>

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font color='#000000'>your boss reads this and you will definately get work dumped on you since you got a raise lol</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>friend of mine quit his position at motorola by walking home with $75,000 worth of merchandise and selling it on ebay.  needless to say, he got arrested.

i worked at blockbuster for a while in high school and when i quit i walked out with about $100 worth of stuff.  it seems like that's the trendy way to quit from blockbuster, because in college i became friends with two other people who worked at different blockbusters, and they both quit the same way.</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>QUOTE
by walking home with $75,000 worth of merchandise and selling it on ebay.  needless to say, he got arrested.[/B]
We are behind you Celica Fan! A la walkth off with da weed!  

Hahahahahahahahaha!</font>

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Originally posted by TicketBoy@April 12 2003,2:40
<font color='#000000'>QUOTE
by walking home with $75,000 worth of merchandise and selling it on ebay.  needless to say, he got arrested.
We are behind you Celica Fan! A la walkth off with da weed!  

Hahahahahahahahaha!</font>[/B][/QUOTE]
<font color='#000000'>Ummm, I don't think it was just weed  ;)</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I meant just not showing up for a day or two and going fishing and then just kinda doing whatever while you are at the office.  Maybe burn the place down and move to Tahiti</font>

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font color='#000000'>hey, i dont work for the state but ya gotta make work fun! i usually spend my days playin guitar and washin the ride. or i park inside the building so i can listen to a cd while i work.</font>

·
Registered
156 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Just put in your 2 weeks notice 2 weeks before the busiest part of the season.  That really screws them over........ :laugh:</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by 4th-gen GT-S@May 02 2003,3:33
<font color='#000000'>Just put in your 2 weeks notice 2 weeks before the busiest part of the season.  That really screws them over........ :laugh:</font>
<font color='#000000'>yeah, if you're the only one working for them</font>

1 - 20 of 29 Posts