Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>I was thinking of getting a new suspension for my car.  I'm just wondering which are compatible, are the most popular and which you guys prefer.

At the moment I think I'll probably lower it 2 inches, maybe 3.  With 3 inches of drop, would it be advisable to get a camber kit?  Also, what size rims/tires would fit with that low drop without overlap?

Any pictures would be nice too!

(1990 gt)</font>

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i looked into new suspension in the past ian. it seems as far as struts the best you are gonna do is something adjustable. to the best of my knowledge, the plain white kyb's are same as stock just so you know. i know eibach makes a couple spring sets and i remember seeing some springs from other manufacturers as well. definately dont forget swaybars and bushings, they can have a profound effect on handling. whiteline makes some swaybars and probably bushings. i dont think energy suspension makes anything direct for 5th gens but they do have universal bushings if you find the dimensions you need. for a 2 or 3 inch drop, definately look into some way of adjusting the camber. some camber is good if its a track car but it would seriously mess up your tire wear on a daily driver. i never had any luck finding camber plates specific to 5th gens. just keep in mind if you lower your car that much you will have less travel. make sure your bump stops are solid and decide if your local roads are smooth enough. i know i wouldnt lower my car while i live in central jersey cause alot of the roads suck donkey balls. sorry for such a long post. and if you were going more for looks, sorry for the extra info. if you are going more for performance, check out henry vo's site to see what he has done. later</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts