Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>what is the best computer chip for the 7th gen celica? How much more horse power will you get out of it?
thanx</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>the best one is a stand alone engine management, the next best is a piggy back that is on group buy now.... reason being is u can pay 300 dollars and send ur ecu out and have it tuned up a little but only so far, because they still have to make sure the car is gonna pass emisions and what not, then if u ever decieded to turbo the car, guess what it aint gonna happen on ur modified ecu. the piggy back system on group buy allows u to tune it the way u like it. and if u wanted to do a turbo down the road u then retune the maps for it.. its the next best thing to engine management.. u can never tell hp gains cause they are always different, most of them advertise a hp gain from a modified car, which of course would get a better gain then a stock car... its just like the other day i was watching tv, and they were advertising one of those things u can buy and put in ur intake system to add more hp. they put the sport utility on the dyno and read 260 hp then lifted the hood to show where they where installing the little think in the intake (saying how easy it was to install and anyone can do it.) the car was stock, then they showed it installed in "the same car getting ready for the dyno" but they left out while installing the thing (im not gonna mention the name to save my ass) in the intake the also added a cold air intake and k&n filter, then put it on the dyno and wow they had a 20 hp increase from there product, when in all reality it came from the cold air intake and filter. i installed a couple of these things they were selling and it did nothing for the car.. thought i would get that out.. if u do ur research u will notice some people saying how sending there ecu out to a company and having it done did a good improvement, but other people with the same car will say it did nothing and was a waste of time.. with the system on group buy the improvement is made by you, u tune the fuel and timing the way u want it, and is the only way to get the most out of the car.</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Apex'i S-AFC piggy back system
Apex'i PowerFC

These are the best ones on the market for your celica and they cost a freakin fortune for the power they give you.  You may want to try Jhull's group buy.</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts