Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>Anyone know how difficult and roughly how much it will cost to change over from an automatic to manual (6 speed preferable) 2003 celica GT?</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>Aren't the gears on the steering wheel and all that in the 2003 manual? hmm. Just go get a GT-S. *L* Trade it in.</font>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font color='#000000'>Sexy car....GT-S = extreme amount of insurance for me...plus got a great deal fully loaded 18,8 but was automatic....had to settle. Modification i can do for cost of the parts. BTW sexy car. 3 accidents and 2 speeding tickets kinda make the insurance high...it suxs.</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>The Celica isn't considered a sports car... (Insurance wise). At least where I live... I don't even think the GT-S is. Itmust not be. I got lucky and my Dad put me on his insurance so I pay 75 bucks a month. mwahahaha. I think I got lucky with my car b/c I bought her for 13,000 used and she's got everything I want, even the black leather interior.

But thanks sooooooo much! She is a sexy beast, isn't she? hehehe.  
</font>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font color='#000080'>Unfortunatly this summer i spent most of my money on the sound system, mostly the head unit. Engine in the spring!!! current system: pioneer 6500dvd, rockford 800.4 running infinity kappa componets 6.5" pioneer premier 6x9's, sony digital 1600 for TS-W1240DVC premier subs 12". my 1241's got stollen
 bunch of savages in this town.

Love my music, and it is a priority with the car. But I am deffinitly going to do the intake and exhaust, any recomendations for either would be appreciated.
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Yeah, I know what you mean, music is a priority for me too.  I think I spent over a grand for my system and it's still in need of some tweaking and things, in my opinion
 But right now I'm trying to save up for other things I want, performance wise.  The sound is enough for me for now.

Intake-wise, I have a Injen Race Division Cold Air Intake and I love it, it's great!  They also have a regular cold air intake (not race division) and a short ram intake, which are good too.  Mines the more expensive one, and the short ram one is the cheapest, the regular cai being moderately priced.
For the exhaust, I have the Vibrant Performance Type V catback exhaust and it's nice.  I have also heard good things about the Greddy exhaust and the TRD exhaust.  If I had known I would have gotten the TRD one, better gains I think and it's TRD so you KNOW it's good.  But hey, mines better than stock
</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts