Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manual

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>I would like to see what the general population of Celica drivers (the few, the proud  
) out there drive</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Reborn:  I think you are the first person to say that.  Getting any celica to the power we want isn't cheap, but even amongst stock celis if you have a stick you usually have more speeds and can get to a certain speed faster.  Luv and I have the same celi, but she has 6 speed stick, I have 4 auto.  She can get up to 60 mph a lot quicker.
</font>

·
Registered
169 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i knew i'd catch hell for posting that but sorry to tell you this it's true, expensive but true. if you can afford an auto with racing specs or to rebuild yours you'll never be beat by a stick ( if the cars have the same specs ) because no one is that fast and that constant when shifting

the reason - most stock autos come geared down

exception that i know of - the corvette (not the z06) - most people within the industry actually suggest that you buy an automatic vette due to the fact that it is geared the same as the manual and if i could remember the article i'd link to it but car & driver (usually all about the stick shifts) proved that the auto vette was just as fast if not faster than it's equal manual vette</font>

·
Registered
93 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Manual all the way guys... I cant stand driving auto! its so BORING!!!
my mums 6th gen is an auto and i only ever drive that if i wanna go to the drive ins (shes got a $2500 stereo system and i dont!!)
the only other time auto is good is when my back is playing up.. and its too hard to drive manual...
otherwise i'll stick to my car!!</font>

·
Registered
425 Posts
<font color='#000000'>stick all the way. feels like youre actually driving the car instead of going along for a ride in the drivers seat. the only down side is that shifting makes it hard to eat when you drive  :(</font>

·
Registered
760 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>At times i wouldnt mind an auto celi, one of these days i think ill just get an auto 7th gen for like daily driving, and keep me 5th gen manual for when i wanna drive for fun
. That and i just dunno if i will ever be able to part with my lil celi. I finally got a name for it too: Skippy lol. My sister was doin one of those weird test things where u put in ur name and it gives u ur super hero name with ur super power n stuff lol. Cant remember much about my super ness besides combs being my weapons of choice and my car being named skippy. So yea, thats where it gets its name now
.</font>

·
Registered
16 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I definitely love a manual better.  My '94 is a 5 spd and it kicks ass.  I got in my parents' auto trans. car the other day and it was so weird to drive.  I agree, auto trans are boring.  But they are good for really heavy city driving with a lotte stop and going, but you ge used to the shifting to where it isnt a big deal.  But if you're on a date i think an auto is better.....hha</font>

·
Registered
425 Posts
<font color='#000000'>yeah its hard to be smooth talk the ladies when your touching your stick every couple of seconds. doesnt really help with the mood.  save the auto for the designated date-mobile bust out the good ol' ford econoline. ladies dig big vans hahah
</font>

·
Registered
760 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>Hell yea dude, got room to shag in one of thems lol.</font>

·
Registered
760 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>Hell yes to shagging too hehe. I think if i ever do get a date im gonna go to Hertz and rent a van er something lol.</font>

·
Registered
425 Posts
<font color='#000000'>black my man, you to good to the ladies.. dont hate the player, hate the van.. play on playa
</font>

5,529 Posts
I WIN!&#'>Yeah it's a little lame when you're trying to hold your b/f or whatever and he keeps moving because he has to switch gears.... but it does make things a little exciting....  :oops:

Thummbsup to the van...

In the words of the wise... Play on Playa....  :D</font>

1 - 20 of 74 Posts