Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably not most proper thread in here, but i am sure this interests every 7th gen driver.

Ok, so i recently bought 7th gen, even with my 6th gen i was always looking for scale models of it and after car change, i started to look 7th gen models.

few days ago i found real diamond, 1/18 scale model by Autoart, which seems to be very high quality manufacturer from what i have read... though some models are kinda hard to find and those always cost "enough"

so.. this is what i bought.
its huge and its heavy (die-cast) with incredible detailing.

Out-of-box

Drove it in studio

Enough details in engine

Trunk.. uhh.. wow

Cockpit continues same quality line

I love it, worth of every cent

Yay, it spins

Anyone else got these ?

·
Registered
929 Posts
auto art makes ritgeous models.

They mis-colored one part of the interior. The vinyl that houses the instrument cluster is not black, only the bezel that holds up the plastic, which theyalso forgot.

Besides those two things... fricking awesome quality.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Cool! I love these things, forgot how neat they are, I happen to model and paint as well, I have that same car you have, but I painted mine a crazy metallic color change blue, and sculpted a bodykit and carbon fiber hood and wing for it, and repainted the headlights and tinted the windows. It took forever, and the worse part is its all in pieces waiting to be repaired again...

But I forgot how cool they look stock, I might get another one...

·
Registered
929 Posts
QUOTE (Acilec @ Apr 28 2007, 02:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=146737
Cool! I love these things, forgot how neat they are, I happen to model and paint as well, I have that same car you have, but I painted mine a crazy metallic color change blue, and sculpted a bodykit and carbon fiber hood and wing for it, and repainted the headlights and tinted the windows. It took forever, and the worse part is its all in pieces waiting to be repaired again...

But I forgot how cool they look stock, I might get another one...
[/B]
haha

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Sweet... I'm always looking for Die-cast RX8's when I go out to stores and stuff...
Matchbox, HotWheels and all of those other companies don't appear to have any licensing from Mazda in the past years as there are no Mazda's in their line-up, not do they have and Mazda licensing information on the back...

I do see some RX8's, but they are always riced out versions from like JADA or whatever...

AutoArt is the only company I see making quality RX8's... I have yet to invest my money in one, but plan on doing so at some point

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
That would be it... Same as my baby, but mine has a spoiler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.