Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>I just bought a 86 GT with the 2S-E and I had some questions as the engine needs to be rebuilt.

Is the 3S-GE head a direct bolt on to the 2S-E?  (Kinda like how the 4age head bolts up the the 7afe)

Does anyone know if the 3S-GE bolts up to the 86 5 speed (I think it does since it is avaliable for the GTS)

And Finally does the 3S-GE block fit in the stock motor mounts of a GT (2S-E)

If that made sense to ya I'd appreciate any info anyone has since it may be cheaper (and faster) for me to swap a 3s-ge into this GT than to rebuild what I have now.  I'm doing the work myself.  I'm new to the Celica boards but I've been pretty knowledgeable about the new corollas and I'm a big Toyota guy.  THanks

MIke</font>

·
Registered
22 Posts
<font color='#000000'>

If you plan on using the 3S-GE head on your motor I'm told that the intake manifold is different on these two motors so make sure you have everything with your new motor.</font>

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font color='#000000'>Yeah i got a complete motor (pans, manifolds etc....) for 556 shipped.  The intake is really different, it has the 8 runner TVIS which I'm really excited about.  I am however going to have to locate a GTS down pipe because the 4-2 header that came with the motor is shorter than I thought and will not even get me close to the stock exhaust.  Its a JDM motor, and I have a JDM ECU on the way.  I have a partial harnes and I'm going to compare wiring schematics on the two engines and I've got a feeling the 2se harness is not much different than the 3sge and I can fill in the places that are different with no problem.  I can't wait to get this in.  I plan to be near done by the end of the week depending on how long I have to wait for some parts.  

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Mike</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts