Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>i want to replace  my air filter w/ a high flow filter. i wasnt real keen on having to go and fabricate piping and the likes for a custom one like henry's.

instead of going for a high flow conical i was thinking a high flow panel that fits in the factory box. both K&N and TRD make one.

k&N pn:   33-2041-1

trd:  00602-17801-007

both of these are cleanable resuable high flow panel filters. does anyone have any experience w/ either of these two filter and which is better ?</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<font color='#000000'>anyone ? umm.. hellloooo surely someone have done this as opposed to custom piping/...</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>

i think everyone did either custom pipe or cai when replacing there filter. i also did myself, aftermarket pipe and cone filter sounds so much more aggressive then the air box filters. if i did go with a airbox filter i would go with the k&n. just because they specialize in that, trd kinda trys to do it all, which gives them less time to really specialize on a part.</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font color='#000000'>aye aye aye

nobody seems to know anything about these filters

i would rather not have to do custom piping btu if i *must* i will. i just figured that since the factory box was cold already could be useful.</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts