Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please I need to know what direction to go. I bought a 02 celica gts a couple months ago I was told it had a bad engine & had been sitting for over 3 years. I bought a engine online & a friend put it into the car for me & today was the big day to hear her run. I put the battery in turned the key & nothing, the engine doesn't even turn over, doesn't even click. Its a brand new battery my dash lights come on & my heater works the windows work. Any suggestions on what to do next? I just want to hear this car run after all the money I've been putting into it, its depressing.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Check: codes, fuses, relays

Starter has a large primary wire that should have 12v. It also has a smaller control wire routed thru ignition switch, relays, clutch or neutral safety switch, security etc. You'll need a manual to trace 12v thru the wiring and the components.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Document: (celicatech.com)
Follow these wires. The colors are listed.
Don't get depressed, you'll get it running, take a few hours off, have a beer and sandwich, a few chips.
Have you tried using jumper cables/wires to run directly from the battery to the starter motor?
CAUTION!! MAKE SURE IT'S IN "PARK" OR NEUTRAL!
You'll maybe get some sparking but it should turn the motor over.
Is it an automatic transmission? If so it's possible the neutral start switch is out of adjustment like Sefiro mentioned. Maybe not even connected:? On my '91 the NSS wires were corroded at the plug so check for good connections.
Easy way to check the NSS is to turn the key on, shift into reverse and then move the unit until the back-up lights come on and the snug it in place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you disconnected wires from fuse box to change the motor, make sure the two long connectors are put in correctly. They have to rock the white part back and forth to connect before snapping in the black part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts