Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>can I do a straight engine swap from a twin turbo '95 supra(2JZ-GTTE) into my 2001 celica,and if not what mods would I have to make to my celica to make this work???
PLEASE SOMEBODY,ANYBODY HELP ME!!!!! please e-mail me at [email protected] or leave a post.I would REALLY,REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!
thanx.
eee604</font>

·
Registered
79 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I'm gonna have to say uh no on that one.....not without making the car rear wheel drive or widening the front end....a lot</font>

·
Registered
10 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Yes you can.  But you need a lot of money...in fact a rediculous amount of money and you need to not care that your car will no longer look like a celica.

That straight six is huge compared to your small inline 4.  It would have to be converted to rear drive and you would need the tranny from that Supra as well as there is no way the Celica tranny would happily take the new power.  You would need some massive body work done.  Your firewall would have to be moved back, your front seats would be closer to your rear seats and you would need a stronger suspension to hold the extra weight.  In the end you would have a Frankencar.

If you really feel a need to swap.... your best bet for higher performance wold be the 3SGTE.  I have no specifics on this but it would fit in the engine bay without enlarging it.

Sorry man.

Mike</font>

·
Registered
10 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I've known a guy that swapped a UZ (Lexus SC400/Soarer) V8 engine into his Celica. Of course, that was a late 80's model.. a bit different. But I'm assuming that if he could do that, it'd be possible to put the 2JZ into the 2k1 Celica.. just would cost a bit of money, and of course, would greatly alter the car's appearance.</font>

·
Registered
10 Posts
<font color='#000000'>A V8 compared to a I6 is a big length difference wich is really the biggest problem.  Was your friends older celica rear drive? (I'm new to celica's pardon my ignorance of old school stuff)</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts