Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody help??
2 years ago, i've bought a '94 celica AT200 and rebild the exteriour!!
Now it's time to begin with the engine!!
The engine now is a 1800cc 7afe, what can i do???

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
there isnt much you can do with that engine besides intake and exhast.. intake and exhast will only free about 5 hp.. the engine was made for economy and there isnt any aftermarket parts available for it.. inless you wanna plan to tear down the engine and either go low compression for a turbo. or high compression for all engine. i dont know which way i would go with that.. all engine is going t be easier to accomplish but i think you can squeeze more horse power out of a turbo. either way should work out fine if you invest in a engine management or some type of piggy back systems to adjust your timing and fueling

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh so where can i find me a turbo that fits on this motor??

Is it posible to put on a turbo of an 7afe corolla turbo motor??
Greez and thanx!!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
i dont know of any turbo put on that engine stock.. if you want to turbo it, it would be best to put together your own system.. check on ebay for a maifold, they have them well its in parts you will need to weld it, or have it done.. then get urself a turbo.. price on that is depending on size and where you get it... i wouldnt get anything big for that engine.. maybe a t-3, this is also gonna be a more expensive project then most people think, cause you will need to get the intake piping made, the downpipe made, the exhast done, you will also need a intercooler... and so forth, but if you want to get started start with the manifold first, find out what will bolt up to it as far as turbo goes.. then get the turbo and intercooler. and get started, keep us informed on how far you get, and post any problems you have

1 - 5 of 5 Posts