Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>i was on my way home from my aunts house with my 92 stealth ES and i was doin about 50 on this bak road and i come up on this newer looking prelude so he see's me coming and tries to speed up but he cant lose us we are right on his a$$. so we come to somewhat of a stragiht away and he tries to lose us agian but we jus pass him . we end up coming to a red light and becuase its around 1 A.M in the morning there arnt n e cars on the road so the light turns green and i punch it (this is a really long straight road it's the only place that i can red line in first) and red line first then i shift to second and he's still about a tired length in bak of me so i shift in to third and he's right in bak of me he's pretty fast. so i shift throgh 4 into fith and all i see is himm slowlly fading away...

i dont think that he could have been stock becuase i've raced faster cars than a stock prelude and usually lose them by third or fourth.</font>

·
Registered
12 Posts
<font color='#000000'>It could have been stock if it was VTEC and i think he could keep up with you if he had a thing or two in his car.  I didn't say win i just said keep up. What mod's do you have on the stealth?</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
<font color='#000000'>the si has about 180 hp i do believe just 10 more from the S, where the vtech has over 200 hp which makes it the fastest stock honda
and yes it will beat the S2000 saw it with my own eyes laughed my ass off because i thought the s2000 would beat it but no go on that one.</font>

·
Registered
12 Posts
<font color='#000000'>My friend has an 89 vtec prelude and has beaten a mustang, a civic, a camaro and a couple of other cars but thats hard to see. A Prelude beating an s2000.  I'm not saying i don't believe you but what did the s2000 have</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
<font color='#000000'>the prelude was stock i know that andrew whimmers prelude, i think thats how you spell his last name, but the prelude didnt even have an intake, as for the s2000 i have no idea, looked stock, prolly is, cause i dont know if there is alot for the s2000 might be but i dont think there is. but it was a race in basset, funny as #### the prelude beat the #### outa the 2000 i mean i never saw anything so funny in my life. this was when i had my celi heh.</font>

·
Registered
12 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I know what you mean. We had set up a fairly good size race Friday night and I saw a Honda CRX ,with an engine swap, keep up with a 5.0 Mustang. Ofcourse my friend and I took them both, but it was funny to watch.</font>

·
Registered
101 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>Since when did VTEC add horsepower?</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
<font color='#000000'>vtech is dohc where as some honda's are sohc, dohc vtech is higher top and bottom end, and yes it does add horsepower, i cant remember how i was told but dont remember.</font>

·
Registered
40 Posts
<font color='#000000'>who cares vtec sucks

i raced a ls intagra in my gts and killed him
he got a vtec head
then i killed him agin

ls vtec is Supposed to be 180hp but im stock at 135hp i think but i still pulled him in 3rd ....dont make sens ???</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts