Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>So i'm just a cruising along stop at a light.  a hear the thud of bass behind me.  Check the rearview, all I can see is "GT-R Race ready".  Check the side view, a probe.  So i figure let's see what he's got.  
The road turns left at the light, over soem RR tracks and up a hill.  
Green.  I punch it, and he knows what's going on, right on my @$$ I start to pull away abit.  We both hit the tracks at about 55, air, wasn't expecting it, scared the #### out of me.  Anyway, heading up the hill he catches up and gets right on me.  It's a 2 lane road and he starts edging out to see if the coast is clear.  I'm in 3rd doing about 90, shift to 4 and top 100.  We hit the crest of the hill, it's clear, he passes me like I'm standing still.  I give him a thumbs up and let my foot off the gas.  Proceed to hang my head in shame.  2 months later I see the car at a local resturaunt.  I pick him out of the crowd, (look for the guy who would put gt race ready on his windshield)  I refresh him of the events, of course he remembers, I ask him what he's got under the hood.  v-6 stock except for a cold air intake.  

Amazing what difference 2 cylinders make in the top end.

Let's hear some more spankings, I know everyone loses at least once in a while...</font>

·
Registered
202 Posts
<font color='#000000'>whats amazing is the difference between a high mile engine and a low mile one... I got a 90 gt-s ~70 000 miles and i spanked a v6 probe just this past saturday..He had one of those retarded wings on it to. At the light hes like so many hp's you got when i said 130 he had the look of sheer terror being that he was stuck with a 170 hp piece of shatner!!!!

Ventillated disks purchased and beiing installed this weekend!!!</font>

·
Registered
122 Posts
<font color='#000000'>This guy from my work has a like 91-92 accord with intake and exhaust and keeps telling me he wants to race me. I finally agree and we race out in the country near his house. Knew i was gonna get my butt kicked before i even agreed. I only have a stock 86 gt-s. So we raced. He got a half car length head start but i pulled even with him but he started to pull away. he just kept goin unntil he was a head a good ways and then moved into my lane. we were goin like 105 when hestopped to turn off towards work on this other back road. i kept goin and pushed it up to 120 and then decided that was good for now. Gotta get exhaust, intake and turbo! argh!</font>

·
Registered
12 Posts
<font color='#000000'>hey ur rite every one does lose but no one likes to admit but .. well n e ways i lost when me and my dad were haeding down the high way and we hit a long staright away so we start we both take off after each other i am driving my celica GT-S with a super charger and complelly rebuilt engine and tranny and my dad is driving a dodge stealth tt he is infront of me about a car length ( i have never beat him) and coming off and exit ramp is a 350zx wich is follwed by a Z06 and they take off after us ... we all held our own but it ended up that the Z06 came in first the stealth came in second my celi came in third and the 350 lost.. so thats my story on losing any one else who reads these should post who they lost to</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Yeah there were these kids in this Acura (I think) this past weekend and they kicked my a$$.  It was a beat up piece of sh!t but they had an exhaust on there that didn't even look like it was bolted on properly cuz when they hit the gas it was rattling against the car, it was so damn loud!  I wish I had paid more attention to the make and model but I was on the cell with my mom (she find the best times to call and ask me to go to the store for her
) and was distracted.  However they only beat me at a light-to-light race and it was an extremely short distance, I KNOW I could have spanked them in a longer race, just cuz their car would fall apart once it hit 50  and I'd get lift
 Oh and once they stop at the 2nd light I hear the kid in the passenger seat (they look like they're 16-17) screaming at the driver to be more careful, "Dude! Are you crazy?!? I've got weed on me!  We can't get pulled over!"  LMFAO  I wished there was a cop near by cuz I could hear them saying it from two lanes over.  *sigh* I need to make my car faster
 Oh and I might be going to the track on Tuesday so if I do I'll see what times I get  :thumbsup:</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts