Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I should start this by saying I don't race my car on the road (almost) ever due to me not being a complete moron. This situation was a little bit different as this guy was asking for it :D. I was on my way home from the girlfriends house on a sunny April afternoon minding my own business and going to speed limit listening to the radio. I was in that state I'm sure you're all familiar with- it was those type of cruise conditions we live for. Open road with minimal traffic, and just the right temperature to cruise with both windows down and the sunroof open. As I take the off ramp leading to the main highway to my house I see a bronze Solstice fly up behind me and tail me all the way through the off ramp. I think to myself, no big deal ill just accelerate out of it after I hit the highway. I hit the highway and floor it from the 60 I was traveling on the off ramp to the standard highway speed limit in Canada which is 110. The guy stays on my ass and pulls into the left lane. He proceeds to pull up beside me. Now before I go any further I should let you guys know that I didn't de-badge the "gt-s" off of the back of my car since my 3s swap nor do I ever plan to. This may have been what caused him to pull up beside me- look over and thumbs down my ride then attempt to take off. I sat there for a few seconds wrestling with my conscience as to what I should do. After having flashbacks of all the times diesel trucks and people in person disrespected my Celica for being slow I decided enough was enough and it was time for revenge. Now, I'm about in the middle of my build and even though I have a MR2 LSD purchased it is not installed at this time so traction isn't my strong point... this makes highway driving my specialty. I quickly downshift into fourth as my exhaust hum turns into the 3" of beastly roar that reassured me that I did the right thing paying for mandrel bends. As I began to pick up speed I glance down to my gauge clusters and see that I'm already pushing 10lbs of boost and i'm hitting 160km/h. I see myself narrowing in on the ass hat solstice who thinks hes going to get away with his crimes against Toyota. Just as I begin to pass him I slam into fifth gear purging my inter cooler of 10 lbs of solstice killing fury... I'm sure the sound still haunts his dreams to this day. As my engine quickly burns through fifth and pulls away from the douche in the solstice I manage to stick my arm out of my window, and give him a nice big thumbs down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts