Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Ok, so the second weekend im out with my new celica, i decide to race my friends 96 prelude special edition.  So i know hes got some power on his side, just comming from the honda camp myself, i know all about his car and engine.  Honda H23 (non-vtec) with an ass kicking 175 hp 2.3 L DOHC with exhaust and intake and here i am with my 130hp celi totally stock right down to the ugly stock olds knockoff wheels.  He gave me a good run, but it ended with me about half a car length ahead of him and him laughing his ass off.  it was great!  One friend down...about 4 to go.</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
<font color='#000000'>for some reason i dont believe it, but i do know that the celicas unleash all their power in 3rd gear(Manuals)2nd gear(Automatics) once they hit that gear they are gonna catch up to almost anything that they are racing.  But i used to own a celi now i have a 94 non v-tech non si prelude and its faster than my celica was.</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>man, my third gear gives me the chills.... I love that power curve. *L*

*peeps* I beat a Prelude before....  :blush:</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
<font color='#000000'>no my mr2 turbo at 15psi gives me chills.
that thing gets up tp 90 like nothing flat. that is some scary sheat
</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Argile.  My 3rd is weak.  Its a 5th gen gt  so go figure.  I like the fact that 1st and 2nd are really short and 3rd and up are tall.  Let me restate.  On teh up shift 3rd sucks for me but ont eh down shift 3rd rocks.  Oh BTW.  I but some crap in my car, replaced my whole spart plug, wire, cap deal.  So on teh freeway i need to pass some one dwn shift from 5th at like 75 3700rpms to 4th.  I took off like a bat outta hell.  It was nifty.  Car runs great.  Preludes, meh.</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
<font color='#000000'>what kinda word is nifty?
is it a nifty word?
</font>

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font color='#000000'>hey, lets not forget that i won

come on guys, im finally winning races...in my civic i lost to soccer moms in 89 windstars...i only had a 70hp and 91lbs tq 8 valve!!!!

but damn it looked good as hell....</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>yes dear, we're very proud of you... especially for crossing over from the dark side....  

(honda land).  
</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
<font color='#000000'>hey i beat a z28 and nobody cares
</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Not to put a downer on things but uh its just street racing.  Maybe its just me but I am getting tired of it.  Hence the reason i am training for my SCCA license but still.  I mean Red has a point he is beating higher end cars and such.  I am glad you won and be happy about it but who really cares.  Feel lucky nothing bad hppened while racing.  ARG.  Sorry i am just getting bored of racing every kid who has an exhaust or something not oem on their car and they think they are a frickin race car driver.  Don't mind me tho I do like hearing about race stories.  But the truth is i have proly raced over hundered some people in the last few years and well, I figure you win some and you lose.  Be happy about the wins but get over it cause next itme you might not be as fortunate.</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
<font color='#000000'>duffman says...oh ya!

i know how you feel.
i took the 2 out cruising a few weeks go, and all the sr kids were like burn em...burn em. i was like hell no these cost money. then the hondas wanted to race me. i was like what is the point?
so i really don't race anymore. i do miss it a little. but now that i am grown up it seems i was a pretty stupid kid

but i am proud of my creation that stomped a 275hp v8
that was i wanting building my other car and now i have it in this car.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Nemesis:  YAY! You're back!  I'll set Wish straight, don't worry!

Wish:  Nemesis didn't trade in his celi, he loved it!  But he crashed it, I think... right Nemesis?  And no I'm not surprised the civic lost to minivans, those things can have a lot of kick to them!

Luv: Of course you beat the Prelude, cuz you da grrl!

LMAO Honda land... :laugh:

Red: QUOTE
no my mr2 turbo at 15psi gives me chills.
that thing gets up tp 90 like nothing flat.[/B]
Mmmmm fast car... I wanna ride!!!  Btw, I like your sig, you did a good photchop job.  What's with the SC400?  When did you get it??  How come I don't know about it?!?!?  :angry:
Woot for beating a Z28, when was this?  Which car were you driving?
Yeah I raced a lot more when I first got the celi but now I'm like, whatever.  Cuz I know I can beat most of the cars that try to race me, ESP on the highway.  There's a time for everything, and phases people go through.  I still want to make the celi faster and hook it up, but I'm not gonna go around looking for trouble and if I do find it, if I win I win and if I lose, then props to the other driver.

CelicaXIV: heheheh a bat outta hell, I love that term

STREET RACING IS THE WORLD!!!  Yes Daddy, we promise to be good... lmao ohhhh ignore me and my goofy mood tonight... *sigh* I miss my celi too much... :down:  No you are right, it's okay to race occasionally in safe conditions but you also have to be a good sport and figure that you WILL lose once in a while.  I shall be mature about this subject... :upside:</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>I'm good at setting boys straight
 Oh and I've actually had more than that many smilies in another post, I once got a prompt saying I had too many and had to take some out, the limit is 10
 Damn limits...  :upside:</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
<font color='#000000'>grrrrr i went to the darkside
 and i didnt trade the celica in wish it was totaled, fuckin bad drivers running ppl off the road. but im sry vtech i dont think the other guy knew how to drive, cause i am spankin the celicas around martinsville, which are experienced racers. i've beaten a turbo talon, a GT Probe(turbo model from what im told) and a v6 probe gt(killed that son of a bitch hehe) 2000 z24 Cav   97 Honda Civic ex v-tech  a 2000 GT-S celica (really didnt wanna win cause its a celica    :( )  1999 Mercury Cougar (moms car still slow hehe)   98 Cev Silverado v8) killed it off the line     my buddy's 2002 Oldsmobile alero, and im positive my buddy davids tercel doesnt stand a chance. so i wont even bother racing his ass ehhe.  other than that i havent raced in a while  i wanna run a v-tech  or si prelude, cause i got some weird fuckin #### to be winning all these races the way i did.

all it has is an intake and strut bar. lol and an exhaust leak
soon though FORCED INDUCTION WOOHOO. supercharging this motha fucka. hehe</font>

1 - 20 of 39 Posts