Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>"2005 Toyota Celica: Significant update with freshened styling and mechanical changes."

Taken fromMotor Trend webpage.  

Let's hope toyota raises the bar instead of doing the minimum like they did with the 7th gen!</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>lets see what do toyota need to do....

8th gen celica.... 1300kg MAX

AWD standard... with 2zzge engine

optional AWD with tricked out 3sgte (220kW)

and jem it back into the WRC get a really group A homogolated car into there as opposed to the corolla with gt4 running gear in it...

standard awd celica's and more turbos that dont weigh a tonne will finally get them some street cred.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>I like the ideas for the engine and awd and other things, but I think the 7th gens body styling is better.  If they stick to that body styling for the 8th I think it'll end up looking like an audi or something similar... Just my opinion
</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>eh, i don't like the rear quarter panels on the 7th gens, i like the round sleek look on the 6th gens.  the 8th gen is a good mix between the nice aggressive look on the front fascia of the 7th gens and the sweet sweet ass of the 6th.  good blend.</font>

G

·
<font color='#000000'>I honestly hate the 7th generation Celica and to me that pic borrows too much from it.  I have a 6th gen and its still my favorite.  To me the 6th gen is a more classy looking sports car and the 7th looks more racey..the whole fast and furious thing.

Anyway just my 2 cents.
Also, I found these pics a few months ago but I cant remember where...they said they were possibly the 8th gen Celica or the new Supera.  Just thought I would share.

</font>

G

·
<font color='#000000'>Give the celica some horses i'm pushing a lil over 350 hp on my 5th gen and a out looking for the next mod. toyota needs to make the celica a real contender with the next gen.

</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>yeah, that 8th gen design does borrow from the 7th gen, but it takes the good aspects of it.  i feel that the rear quarter panels are what gives it the racey fast and furious look.  with the way that new design looks it makes it sleek and sporty, like the 6th gen.

the new design for the 2005 supra is already out.  it's ugly
</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
<font color='#008080'>Ooooooo how I love the new design!! If the 8 Gen Celica comes out, that will definitely be my next car!  
</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
<font color='#008080'>You don't know what you're talking about! But I'll respect your opinion.  :p</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>yeah, front fascia is a little reminiscent of the 350z, but it's almost as if this proto is sleeker, more aerodynamic.  the 350z looks like it's got a wall for a front bumper.  with those specs the 8th gen will kick the crap out of a 350.  unfortunately, it's in my belief that those specs were made up by over-zealous hopefuls.  and i doubt that the 8th gen will end up looking like that either...
too bad, i was a big fan, i'd definitely get one if those specs and body style were true.</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
<font color='#008080'>Thats a damn shame if they don't stick with that style!  :angry:</font>

G

·
<font color='#000000'>Hi all, i'm new to this site, but not to the power and handling of the Celica. I just hope that Toyota desides to make the new 8th gen. w/ AWD and more power(just like my old GT-4). If that does happen...i'd get it in 1/2 a heart beat!!!
 Toyota needs to go take a look at their past wrc Celicas....and go from there (as far as power and performance). If they ever do make the 8th gen anything like my GT-4, it'll be racking-up kills the likes of WRX,Evo, and maybe even an STI. But of course.....one could only dream and hope.
</font>

·
Registered
11 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi!
I'm crusin' in a 5th gen celica for some time now, and from the minute i stepped in that car i fell in love with it! I even decided never to drive another car, only celica's for me!
Ofcourse if my future family situation allows it (you know kids and stuff hehe)
I was thinking bout buying a 7th gen when i finally got to work hehe (still a university student
). But now that i saw the 8th gen pic.. maaannn that car is like my wet dream hahah

But prolly i'll first go for a 7th and then some years later buy a nice 8th gen

Moral of the story.. celica rulez

greetz and keep crusin' toyotas</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>welcome to the boards, canabeez!!! It's always great to see another celi lover. Go for the 7th gen! you won't regret it....  ;)  :thumbsup:</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by iluvmyceli@Nov. 04 2003,7:25
<font color='#000000'>Go for the 7th gen! you won't regret it....</font>
<font color='#000000'>until you drive a 6th gen and beat yourself up for not going for the 6 over the 7  :thumbsup:</font>

1 - 20 of 66 Posts