Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>My Brother just got an 83 celica gt-s and i think its sweet looking and has wonderful handling.  He has big plans for it, but he wants to keep the 22R-E engine for it.  I already looked at a few of the best sites for that car on the net, but i have a few questions for the celica experts out there.

1. Where can I and shoud I get a Thorley header?
2. Is there any way i can turbo this engine?  (I have heard rumors of a turbo SR5 toyota produced for a short time with the same engine)
3. Pretty much, what can i do to make this thing faster, its rear wheel drive which is pretty dang cool, and i cant go without modding it.  

I would like to get in the 300-400 HP range and run 11's, PLEASE HELP!!</font>

·
Registered
10 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Seriously, that car stinks. Try going with the 90' to 93' models. Those are the stylist part of the celica generations. No im kidding, keep on the search and i'm sure curving edge will find a spot for you.(the seat warmer)</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font color='#000000'>Ho Ho Ho well, you sure the 90's are better buddy?
let me state some facts:
81-85 celicas are rear wheel drive
90-93 celicas (minus the elusive all-trac) are Front wheel Drive

81-85 celicas have a 2.4 liter 22R-E engine
90-93 celicas have a 2.2 liter 5SFE engine or a 2.0 liter 3S-GTE engine

81-85 celicas actually look like a sports car
90-93 celicas look like a grand prix on crack

Your 92 Celica GT does have one thing my brothers 83 GT-S doesnt have.

A black eye

j/k Derek, your car rocks, we are gonna have a great time at the car show on sunday, bring $500 so you can make your car have a real carbon-fiber hood instead of your 80 pound lead hood.

Ryan</font>

·
Registered
10 Posts
<font color='#000000'>???   I guess I'll bring the money Rye, but we're gonna have a fun time dude, like holy skeezo. Our cars are like totally gonna be pimp. To all the Celica Fans, we have a new racing team called CURVING EDGE this is the new elite team of ricers now to date, ask us all about it. Well, ryan get the word out, the world is at our taking..............
</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font color='#000000'>There are heaps of people modding xA6x celicas - especially in the US. Go to www.celicas.org and sign up to the email list - it's the best source of rwd celica info there is, period.
Someone there should be able to tell you the best place to get a thorley; lot's of them have them. In the meanwhile, go here for the recommended parts list,http://www.speedtoys.com/~painkiller/framesetocc.html
Also try www.celica-gts.com - very good site. Steve has an '83 GTS and has heaps of mod guides, lots of tech info and forums etc too for these cars

You can do a lot to mod your car, I really recommend signing up to the OCC list. There is a turbo 22RE (22rTe) found in some trucks in the US, but there are issues with the manifolds etc fouling the steering rack. (It does drop easilly into the previous gen celica though, I believe.)
Turboing a 22RE can be done if you have the $$$ - Gary on the list has a 300HP turboed 22RE autocross beast.

Hope this helps
Stefan</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts