Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>to start it off i have an 04 GT. now my question is, is it possible to turbo the Gt version (vvt-i). i hear that you cant turbo the GT-S (vvtl-i) because of lift. does anyone know if this is true. second if i cant turbo the GT is there an appropriate engine swap with considerable power. im tierd of my good looking car being underpowered and slower than a damn mustang.</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>You can't beat a v6 mustang? heh. Yeah those GT's with only a piddily lil 140 hp suck! *L*

yeah, you can turbo a GT. You have it backwards. Actually, you can turbo both, gt and gt-s. It's easier to find and cheaper to turbo a GT but both can be done.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Like Luv said...

You can turbo both the GT and the GT-S, lift isn't a problem, there are kits that have been made to accomodate lift.
They actually say that the GT is better to turbo than the GT-S because the timing is already better suited to turbo, whereas the GT-S might need to be tweaked.

It's not THAT much cheaper to turbo a GT than a GT-S, you are still looking at at least 3-4 grand for a full kit. (GT-S running 4-5 grand)

Techinally you could also swap a GT-S engine into your car, you may need the ecu and other parts too.

BUT MAINLY, is your car an auto or stick?  That may be why your car seems slow, if you have an auto (guilty as charged) there's a definite lag in power.  You can practice "auto" shifting it for racing... (L-2-D-o/d).

Btw, welome to the site and I hope we were able to help... keep us posted and good luck!</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font color='#000000'>the reason why i cant beat a v6 (2004) mustang is becuase they're faster. and if anyone in a stock celica GT says otherwise they're either a. lying   or   b. the mustang didn't race and the celica thought they won. it's hard to give up 50 HP and put up a fight. but i've never raced any other 'stang than an 04 so i dont know about any other model. regardless thanks for the info it was much needed. im having a hard time finding kits. any names or companies would be great, and any feedback if you or someone you know that has one would be great too, thanks.</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts