Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking into buying an old 77 GT Liftback, and restoring/building it up to be quite the powerhouse. The only issue is, that I am not familiar at all with the 77 GTs, nor am I familiar with the 1UZ I intend on swapping it with. After this I plan on building the 1UZ to handle twin turbo, and making that modification. My goal is to be pushing somewhere in the ballpark of 400hp, but as I said, I'm not familiar with the engine or the car, and before I dig to find out the info I need, I figure I'd see if anyone else has any insight on this swap, like whether or not the engine would actually fit, if the mounts line up or not, what the engine needs to be tt ready, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get ready for some serious frame midification to get the engine to properly fit and mount.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
i know it will fit in the engine bay just fine, ive done the measurements to make sure of that, but yeah, im not too certain about whether or not the engine mounts will line up, and my guess is that they dont.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I'm looking into buying an old 77 GT Liftback, and restoring/building it up to be quite the powerhouse. The only issue is, that I am not familiar at all with the 77 GTs, nor am I familiar with the 1UZ I intend on swapping it with. After this I plan on building the 1UZ to handle twin turbo, and making that modification. My goal is to be pushing somewhere in the ballpark of 400hp, but as I said, I'm not familiar with the engine or the car, and before I dig to find out the info I need, I figure I'd see if anyone else has any insight on this swap, like whether or not the engine would actually fit, if the mounts line up or not, what the engine needs to be tt ready, etc.
Have a look at KE Conversions in Australia, they do a mount kit into a RA28, which should be your model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts