Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>Is it possible instead of swapping to a 3sgte from a 5f-se to just slap a turbo on there and if so what brand/model is a good choice? i just bought my 92' GT and it is slower than my 86 nova. lol. well i hope i can do something because i bought the car with the intention of driving fast and so far im not keeping my promise. thanks. :down:</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<font color='#000000'>its cheaper to do the swap plus 5s-fe motors you can only achieve about 250 hp that turbo runs about 2500.00 us dollars         the 3sgte can give you 800 hp , its cheaper to do the swap  :ghost:</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font color='#000000'>well assming i just stick with the 5f-se...what turbo fits? where can i purchase it? would the turbo from a MR2 work cause i heard they had the 5f-se motors. well thanks for the replies.</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Ok this is like the 10th time i have done this

eckhem
Well u need a CT26 turbo something small and u cannot run more that 7 psi or boom no more 5sfe.  U also need

440cc injectors
Fuel pump
fuel pressure regulator
retarded timming
intercooler
piping
waterlines
oil lines
new oil pan (maybe)
Turbo manifold
exhaust (2 and a quarter will do)
thats just some basics stuff u will need.  It is do able and a nice upgrade and i like the 5fe it is just not a high proformance engine.  but whatever.</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>cant run the 440s with the stock ecu,
stock clutch might not hold boost, headgasket wont hold much boost. stock ecu goes nuts at or above 5psi the stock amp meter doesnt know what it is. YOU MUST RETARD THE TIMING UNDER BOOST AND RUN HIGHER OCTANCE GAS IN THIS OR YOU WILL MELT A PISTON.. you will also need a boost controller external wastegate, and blow off valve.  
CELICA XIV is exactly right most people think doing this is easy but they are the ones with a broken down car everyday. IF you do it cheap ur gonna get cheap outta it, for the money ud probrolly be better off swapping and not having a issue with reliability.</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts