Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4afe is on the way out, 400k+ miles so I'm looking for a new motor. I am looking to do a 4afe to 4age swap. Does the C52 transmission meet up to the 4age? I also heard the 4a series motor have the same motor mounts. Which 4age would be best also? I was thinking of getting a silvertop out of a AE101.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey man,

AFAIK, the C52 tranny will cope with the 4AGE power. I've got the same engine and plan to swap it for a 4AGE, everywhere I've asked they say it meets up with the silvertop and some power more ;-)

We've got the same trannys as in Starlet GT turbos (according to wiki) and they can handle about 250-280HP with no problem, apparently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I joined this forum for this. I'm in the exact same boat as you are. I want refresh a very tired engine and maybe gain some power while I'm at it. Is the 4AGE swap as simple as it appears since it bolts right up? now truly how much better is it over the 4afe? and how similar are they? could one get the same results by running a forged 4age rotating assembly in a 4afe? I have so many question and all my searching does not return the answers I seek.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I too have interest in this topic. My 4A-FE still runs strong, but I am always willing to do a power upgrade for my car(granted that it's safe). If I'm not mistaken, 4A-GEs come factory turboed, no?

·
Super Moderator
2,816 Posts
No they are not turbo. FE is fuel economy engine, GE is performance engine. GTE is turbo.

·
Registered
222 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts