Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>Here's my situation: I have a 1990 celica GT (5S-FE) with AT
 and i found a 3S-GTE engine with a 5 speed FWD transmission (u could get the AWD tranny but I obviously wouldn't need that).  Is this swap do-able and where can I find some helpful information on it like some web site or books.  I know im gonna have to do some work for the transmission since i have an AT right now and I'll have to get a different hood and some things like that but I just don't know where look for some real specific/helpful info on stuff like this.  Also how much $$ might i be looking at for this whole process?</font>

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font color='#000000'>yea, its possible. then again anythings possible. as far as at to mt conversion, it seems to be the general consensus that this is not worth it. keep in mind all the parts that you would need to track down to make this work. search the boards, there a so many topics on 3s-gte and a little about at/mt conversion that you will probably get all the info you need there.</font>

·
Registered
130 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts