Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own a 1990 st183 celica GTR 4WS. I understand these are quite rare as they were a low volume import with few made. Does anyone know what these are worth?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I own a 1990 st183 celica GTR 4WS. I understand these are quite rare as they were a low volume import with few made. Does anyone know what these are worth?

sorry lol I had too >:D. Good question though. I saw one recently up for sale but it wasn't the 4ws version, just a GTR 2.0. I think it went for like $6500 or 8500, forgot. it was super low miles and like 100% clean in and out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The way the information is entered to even get entry to this site was a complete waste of time

No thanks

If it helps!

Toyota Celica GT-R 20th Anniversary edition

Features as standard on all 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Celica cars

Active 4ws – Brand new feature for Toyota with a sports mode and rear wheel lock out for reversing if needed
TEMS Active suspension – Toyota Electronic Modulating Suspension Sport and Normal modes
Aquamarine green paint (742) – The only Gen 5 Celica to be painted in his colour was the 20th Anniversary edition, All 20th Anniversary editions were this colour
Retractable Mirrors – Motorised mirrors controlled from the centre console
GT4 front bumper –
Drivers seat electric lumbar supports –
One touch automatic Climate control/Air con –
Sunroof – As well as A/C… so Japanese
Electronic tilt control steering wheel –
High spec interior trim – Shadow Gray interior plastics, Two tone Gray/Blue Suede seats & Suede headlining with a thick pile interior carpet set
Celica Super live Sound System – 10 Speaker setup including amplifier and subs
Special decals – All badges on the back were printed in gold with additional GT-R 20th Anniversary gold decals on the sides

All were fitted with the 2.0 3SGE engine, though mapped to run on higher octane fuel than the UK spec, hence the few bhp extra in official figures.

The 20th Anniversary edition was only produced by Toyota between December 1990 and March 1991 and only in Japan for the domestic market.
First confirmed VIN – ST183-0034034 – Dec 1990
Last confirmed VIN – ST183-0040270 – Mar 1991

Now since I have known of the 20th Anniversary editions, I have been trying to find out for certain how many were actually produced. I knew my VIN and I know the timeframe the 20th Anniversary editions were made in. Unfortunately Toyota VIN’s were for a frame so could be for more than one model. All domestic Celica’s were made in the same factory (Toyota’s Tahara Auto Plant- which in total produced 1,590,000 Celica cars between 1981 & 1999 after which production moved to Kanto Auto Works) during this 3 month period, however the factory also produced the Carina ED with the same frame at this time, and so these VIN’s are in sequence with the Celica VIN’s.

The only way I have found to work out exactly how many 20th Anniversary editions were made is to manually input each VIN into the Toyota EPC which shows some limited information, importantly for the 20th Anniversary editions… the colour code from factory! Boom… 742 is the lucky number, only used on the 20th Anniversary editions, never on the Carina! Now it’s just the time and effort of manually going through 6236 individual VIN’s and I have my answer! 1000 exactly!

Not only was I able to find out the total number of 20th Anniversary editions produced, but also the ratio of Manual cars to Autos… A 2/3 Auto 1/3 Manual split… mine is the 126th from last produced and the 47th from last manual.

With only a thousand of these cars produced originally this is a much lower production run than the 5000 run of the famed Carlos Sainz Limited edition GT-4. In fact I believe the only 5th generation Toyota Celica with a lower production run than the 20th Anniversary edition, was the Sports Active model (It was fitted with a complex hydropneumatic, computer-controlled active suspension system which was the worlds first fully active suspension nearly a decade before Mercedes!) Which only 300 were produced on a special order basis only by main dealers according to Toyota.

Of those 1000, where are they all in the world??? Who knows!?

Here in the UK… I have one (Imported in 2004, 2 UK owners prior to me but not UK registered or used. Owned since 2019, Registered in the UK in Dec 2019, On the road now but needs a respray).

I know from searching this forum that, in the last 15 years at least 2 genuine ones have been owned until they regrettably died (One a battery fire and the other a long battle with corrosion.)

I know one has been broken in Birmingham last year in 2020 (I managed to buy the TEMS Shocks!)

I know from Avon & Somerset Police website that one was stolen from Bristol at the end of January 2021

Any more for any more??

References
75 Years of TOYOTA | TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION GLOBAL WEBSITE | Vehicle Lineage | In-depth Vehicle Information, Specification

60010093 Celica Liftback 5th

Toyota parts catalog

TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION GLOBAL WEBSITE | 75 Years of TOYOTA | General Status of Plants in Japan | Tahara Plant

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/news/2021/02/appeal-to-trace-rare-car-stolen-from-bristol/

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this thread is a bit old now, But thought I'd mention that I bought one of these, frame number is ST183-0035106 and has been sitting in a field here in NZ for around 20 years, imported in 1996

1 - 7 of 7 Posts