Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased (yesterday) a 2000 GTS. The headlights, unless on bright, create a "line" of vision in front of the car. It is a perfect line between light/dark. In other words, it only lights up what is in front of you at the height of the headlights. Anything higher than that is black. Very strange. Fog lights help some, but the line is still there, only the brights will flood the vision area, otherwise it's like tunnel vision. I will call the dealer on Monday but am worried about it now because I bought it for my daughter. Seems dangerous. Can anyone help an old lady out or offer any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
They are supposed to be that way.  It was designed to produce maximum light without blinding the other drivers. If you notice the light produced below the "line" is probably twice as bright as other cars with regular headlights.  It shouldn't be a problem because they do light up the road sufficiently on either side and in front.  You just have to get used to having the split light.  I don't suggest changing this or you will piss off other drivers.  The only time there wouldn't be sufficient light is when you are driving alone and then you can turn on the brights which can light up a stadium!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't think you can change it without some serious adjustment to the angle. then u'll be able to see wonderfully while the oncoming traffic runs off the road b/c they are blinded
 you may want to try xenon bulbs. they are expensive at the aftermarket shops but u can get them on ebay really cheap. some people like them and others don't. u'r personal preferrence really. it still leaves the "line of light" but maybe it'll help. just an idea...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts