Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>the ass end of a 2000+ Celica, how freakin retarded is that, man they need to have one race, they will then see how powerful the celica is, and not the 7th gens go for the 5th gen GT-4 celicas with the 3s-gte. but noooo they wanna do mitsubishi more, and the supra and thats it. i think the last one should have a 5th gen race, cause we know that they are pretty damn fast.</font>

·
Registered
133 Posts
<font color='#000000'>yeah but nobody else knows that =/ alot easier to just see supra and know supra = fast. not that celica + awd + new engine = fast. they go for easy

the celica just doesnt have the power. sad but true. still the sexiest car though.

that movie was really boring though.. i would rather they just have cars that were actually fast so i could actually believe the fact that he outran the yenko at the end of it. too much marketing =/

and whats up with the viper doing basaicly nothing =/ at least they didnt wreck it...

i think the producers have something against saleen mustangs heh

i give it 2 stars</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font color='#000000'>the 3s-gte motor is the fastest 4 cylinder motor in the world. and it can be wicked fast man, depending one how you build it.</font>

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
<font color='#000000'>thats true. did u know that the castrol supra that races in japan has a 3sgte? i dont know if its the fastest in the world. you know there are 4 cylinder boxer engines that crank out a hefty amount oof ponies. like the wrx sti. or the lancer evos. or porches. they all put out more horsies than the 3sgte. but the 3sgte can handle a LOT of tuning.</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
<font color='#000000'>the pikes peak celica is about 1000hp i think?
ian it won the international hill climb in 1997.
</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
<font color='#000000'>by the way this car is total badness</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font color='#000000'>a friend of mine brian is buying the j-spec 3s-gte which cranks 260 hp, proves that japan keeps the better stuff for themselves hehe. and redswan those celicas are like top of the line performance vehicles for trd, it still bothers me of as to why they wont feature a celica racing in Fast and Furious, it just baffles me. they need to fix that ####. heh</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Hell yeah! I'm with you boys all the way... though I havn't gotten a chance to see the movie, I don't know when it will come out over here... maybe it'll still be in theaters when I get back to the states...

I also wish they'd show a celi race... I mean, just ONE!!! C'mon people!  Show all the rest as mitsu's or whatever, but show at least one celi race.... pleeeeeeeeease!
</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<font color='#000000'>yes meryem i agree with you, just 1 race for a celi, no matter what gen for me anymore it would be great if it was the 5th gen,

and ralph a j-spec is different from the standard u.s. version of the gte, has about 50 more hp than the u.s. ver plus with the 3s-gte you will stomp just about anything. period.  hehe

meryem where do you live?  cause i figure 2 fast 2 furious is showing everywhere right now. besides when you see it your gonna be dissapointed, mitsubishi put in more money in the making of it again, so basically got more mitsubishi's  :(</font>

G

·
<font color='#008080'>I thought the movie was great.  Ididn't really expect to see any celicas with a major part in tht flick anyway.  You have to admit the first race scene was hot.  Even though I almost cried when the supra crashed.  I'm preety sure i saw a 6gen celica in the scatter scene.  you just have to look hard.  The movie was hot.</font>

·
Registered
133 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i hope they dont make a 3rd. if they do im not seeing it

but yeah they couldve easily stuck a celica in that big escape scene with the 50 cars or whatever... i mean i saw civics there... ugh.</font>

·
Registered
85 Posts
<font color='#000080'>I haven't seen it yet, but i heard it sucked, so i'll probably wait till it comes out on video/DVD, cos the 1st one sucked too.   :glare:
But I'm just agreeing with Ralph & RedSwan here, It's true the 3s-gte is a damn good 4-cly, so damn good that HKS built the fastest & most furious (pardon the pun) fr-whl drv drag car using the 3s-gte it puts out about 1000hp.  ;)</font>

·
Registered
133 Posts
<font color='#000000'>front wheel drive can only go so far though.. i mean at that much hp theres no way they got any kind of traction if they used it all</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>the 3sgte is pretty sweet but i dunno if its the *best*
what about sr20det  ummm ej20 ? iirc that is the correct name the subes wrx engine.

what about porsches 944 3L cyl. dunno the name of ir but it puts out 155kw in naturally aspirated tune.</font>

1 - 20 of 57 Posts