Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>i did not know were to put this in rumors or racing but i raced a 91 gt in my 86gts and to say the lest he slotered me i herd his turbo spit and i was left in the dust now for the rumor part he told me later he had the j-spec 1JZGTTE engine in his car now if im right that means its a 3rd gen supra in 5thgen celica is this even posibal to do due to the differnt drivetarane or is jull of it

well i do know hes got something do the the turbo but he killed a all-trac as well but he only races of the roll so i have not seen him burn out and he wont let people see is enginebay

has anyone seen the set up before and if they have how is it done besides the fact of the cost</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>I have no idea if that's possible or not, Jhull or Redswan will be able to let us know BUT if he won't let anyone see his engine bay then he's probably full of it.  To do a swap like that you'd wanna show it off.  If he only will race from a roll, then he might only have the stock 3sgte (since he def has turbo, you said you heard it) and nitrous, because in a lot of cars you can't spray till 2nd gear, hence the roll.  My 2 cents

EDIT:  Oh, just talked to Redswan and he said the 1JZ engine is for a JZ70 Supra, and when I asked if it could be swapped into a 5th gen celi he said "no way".  He also said that he could see someone doing it, but it would cost a LOT of $$$ cuz you also have to convert to RWD.
I asked another buddy of mine who has a supra and a car shop and he said no also.

So there... call that jerk on it!  He's probably just juiced it.</font>

·
Registered
780 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>i heard the same thing and its been around here ever one wan to put jz's in the 5th gen but no its not all that poss to put one in i have seen a nice swap it was on a post a while back or some thing btu it wasnt a jz. but yah i think Meryem is right it most likely is a 3sgte maybe with some nice mods and some good tuning but no jz</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>anything's possible, but putting the tt supra engine in your celi just isn't the most reasonable option for the regular folks.  whoever's done the conversion either had all the parts needed just sitting there, or had a lot of money to blow</font>

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Originally posted by stspiffy@May 13 2004,1:42
<font color='#000000'>whoever's done the conversion either had all the parts needed just sitting there, or had a lot of money to blow</font>
<font color='#000000'>Not that I believe the guy, but if he really did it, he would have waaaayyyy to much money to blow.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Might as well just buy something that already has 500 ponies!  Unless you're a true diehard celi fan and want to do something no one else has done yet... but like I said, then you'd want to show it off.  Like the guy that put 8 cylinders and a turbo on his 5th gen...
no pics = no mods

To be able to burn an alltrac and to only be racing from a roll... I smell nitrous  :devil:</font>

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<font color='#000000'>still no update on the guy he is still not showing anything but i saw him beat a mustang salean.....i always see him on my way home from work on the same road he is like a wander form the game tokyo extream racer lol</font>

·
Registered
760 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>I hate the smell of nitrous, some dude in an old camaro was using it last time i went to tracy to do things the illegal way... lol. But yea, it was kinda nasty.</font>

·
Registered
780 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>was it a mustang ? im pretty sure it was a mustang not a S7 EVEN A OLD ONE WOULD SMOKE HIM</font>

·
Registered
780 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>sorry you were right he did say mustang sorry my bad but the new sleene in a s7</font>

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<font color='#000000'>ya it was a new one yellow with black stripes its nice and he beat it i hate this guy well im just Jealous of him and hes so secrative but talking to some local shop they say he has a 2ndgen 3sgte with a t76 and bored out pistons running 15psi low 18psi hi and has n-ter cooler but still runing fwd due to the fact it was a gt not an all-trac

....they said he did a bunch of other internal mods i dont remember but they said he can boost 20psi and not blo his motor if he wants but theres no need in this littel city

but there all his frends so i dont know if there full of it or not</font>

·
Registered
780 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>no im not talkin about the mustang seleen there is two differnt ones the s7 seleen that is a super car 0 miles to the gallon 180 + car then there is athe mustang im sayin he beat the mustang</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Originally posted by wil-gts@May 15 2004,10:36
<font color='#000000'>ya it was a new one yellow with black stripes its nice and he beat it</font>
<font color='#8D38C9'>Yeah I understood what you meant Golden, but the other guy says it was a new one?  Unless he meant a newer old one...
o:</font>

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<font color='#000000'>i think its a 03 0r 04 and its not the supercar one its the mustang saleen and he beat it

it looks just like a 03 mustang with a bodykit (sound nice his car shakes when he revs up)

but who cares he beat it one more point for celicas everywere
</font>

·
Registered
780 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>right on !
</font>

1 - 20 of 24 Posts