Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm in San Francisco, CA and I just was given a 1997 Celica GT.  The car is equipped with a muffler w/ 4" tip.  5spd manual transmission.  The car is lowered, and I believe there are springs on it too.

My question is.......are there any turbo, or superchargers....computer chips, that can help me get more power out of my ride.  Also, I need sway bars!

I really want to know what I need to maximize the car's performance.  How wide of tires can I run in the front, and back?  And is there anyway that I can inter-change interior parts with a Supra, such as a short-throw shifter or sway bars?  You can hit me up on aol : TheBiggfoot

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
ok to answer your questions, no there is no chips superchargers or turbo kits made for your car, you can get a piggy back system or engine management for it but you would have to wire it in. you could make a turbo kit for the car, but the cost wouldnt be worth it, the engine wouldnt be as relaible as if you put a 3sgte in. and wouldnt be as much hp as a 3sgte..supra parts are not interchangeable im unsure about tire sizes.. sounds like you need to look into a engine swap

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Probably a lot of things people do to the engine is illegal, including your muffler.  It's all part of the fun

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
mr j is right a lot of things we do to our cars are illegal, including mufflers in some states (noise pollution) systems (noise pollution) tint (destruction of view) neon lights (driving hazard) ect... yes a engine swap is illegal, especially with swaping to a 3sgte, its like insurance fraud, because u are paying for a na car and driving a turbo car.. but thats one thing ull have to deal with if you want to be fast

·
Registered
39 Posts
LoL, I like that... I wish I could do a swap, but I dont have the cash, of the means of storing the parts.  In apartment isnt quite the place to do something like that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
insurance fraud eh?  interesting.  and i really don't understand why a muffler is noise pollution if motorcycles are louder than some import performance mufflers.  baffles my freakin' mind.  oh yeah....some pig (that's a cop for those of you that haven't encountered these idiots on the street yet) pulled me over for absolutely no reason when i had my civic...and told me that my clear corners with hyperwhite bulbs in them were illegal.  and he said "i have the right to take your car right now and destroy it!"....shut the fukk up, pig.  first of all clear corners are not illegal...second of all...BMW's and mercedes autos have colored hyperwhite bulbs just like the ones that were in my clear corner housing...and how many of those bimmer and benz people get pulled over for that reason?  abuse of freakin' power by the "city's finest" if you ask me...and profiling as well.  there's my two cents...i hate cops....i like firemen though.  haha

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
haha, he was just looking for some one to harrass, a cop did the same thing to my friend around here, they are all haters, its a conspiracy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts