Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I'm in So Humboldt. Recently bought this car with a bad radiator. Replaced it with 3 core aluminum unit with 30% more capacity. Changed thermostat. coolant will not circulate through the engine. Top inlet hose gets very hot. Left hose from the thermostat stays cold and soft I haven't run the car without the thermostat yet. I need help. Thanks,Otto

·
Registered
48 Posts
When I was purging air on my celica I would raise engine rpm.....1000, 1500rpm. The water pump spins faster so it pushes the coolant through better. The Chilton manual says 5min at 2000-3000rpm with the cap on, then shut down, let it cool and top off. Make sure when you turn the temperature dial on heater, the water valve also moves. The cable can be broken, and I've seen the water valve broken. The lever would move but the shaft didn't turn. Make sure when your bleeding, that heat is coming out of dash and both heater hoses are hot. If the temp gauge starts climbing quickly, there is an air pocket, shut off and let it cool down. Try again after it cools down and you can top off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts