Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my first post, thanks for letting me join.
I bought this car in 1998 from a Toyota showroom in Worcestershire and have had it ever since. Made in August 1995, it has done 96,600 miles. Not may of these left in the country now. 6 months MOT. One or two issues (it is 27 years old!). Tidy inside and always starts. 24 years' worth of receipts for work done. Roof works. I can no longer store the car inside and I have others, (so hardly drive this now), so in two minds as to sell it or keep it (will these cars appreciate?). Can anyone advise what is best to do please? Any idea what these cars are worth now - it cost me a tidy sum in 1998!?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome! :)
I cant speak for other countries very well, but in the US these cars in decent shape are holding around $6,000 USD in value, with variance depending on shape and location. The return you got if you sold it would be fairly minimal so IMO it would be best to hold onto it for the time being, seeing as they haven't had their great appreciation yet but likely will. With Toyota having filed for a new trademark on the Celica name not too long ago (January of 2021), as well as releasing the GR Corolla and the newest facelift of the 86 in the US, the Celica market has an emerging opportunity to expand in the future. Just my 2 cents though, if you feel like you need the money or have nowhere to keep it, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information over the pond. That equates to just over £4,500 GBP. I can't imagine these cars would fetch that price over here, unless I am missing something. I thought that was GT Four territory. Do you know why they are popular over there? I might have it converted to LHD and then export it! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Over here, we didn't get the GT Four for the 6th gen </3. If you export it, keep it rhd drive though, they fetch more that way :) In the US, an imported GT Four is around the $20k mark depending on mileage. (But I've seen a few around $15k)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts