Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pull up to a light on a hill. I'm revving my engine and dropping the clutch a little, rolling back and forth. I'm alone at the light and on my way home. A gold Dodge Spirit pulls up next to me. I thought nothing of it, they look like grandma cars. I guess he took the revving as a want to race thing. The light goes green and I ease off the clutch. His tires chirp and he takes off like a bat out of hell. After I hear the chirp, it hits me that he wants to go and I floor it. I shift to second and by the time I am at about 4500 in second he is already 1.5 cars behind me. I went through third up to around 70mph to seal the deal. I let off and shifted directly into 5th and dropped to a solid 38-40. He catches up and does a flyby at about 60-65 maybe. I ignore it, cause hell...I already won!

I got home and looked up a Dodge Spirit. Apparently, some are Turbo?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, the R/T versions have 2.2L DOHC lll with cylinder heads made by Lotus! The Engine was rated around 224HP. I wouldve never of thought some of them were turbo by looking at the grandma-looking car ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts