Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am driving and I see a Black VW Golf with 4 people in it. I can hear a turbo spooling, but I figure I will try him out anyway. I line up with him at about 37 mph in 4th. I see him look over at me, I push the clutch to the floor, put it in second and rev a bit. He takes off, so I rev it to redline and dump the clutch. A satisfying chirp resounds from my tires and I take off like a slingshot. I come right up on the Golf and we are even for all of second, and til about 4800 in 3rd. Then I start walking away. When I was in 4th we are doing about a buck-ten. By this time I am maybe 3-4 cars ahead.

I couldn't believe I won against a 1.8L Turbo. The wiki of the Golf says they are rated at 123, 148, 178 hp. If it was any of those I suppose I can see it, since I was alone and he had 4 people including himself. Makes sense right?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Zach @ Jul 4 2008, 01:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=170073
110 in 4th? how the hell?[/B]
Ever brought 4th all the way up in RPM? I was in the upper band before I let off. Like I said, about 110. I was paying attention to the road, not the speedo. After I took my foot off the gas and looked at my speedo it was around 95. I was just assuming I was up by 10-15mph more after it wound down. Hence the word about.

·
Registered
226 Posts
QUOTE (Zach @ Jul 4 2008, 12:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=170073
My Thoughts exactly...I can't even do that in my All-Trac...what super Celica is this that you drive strange one? lol

In any event Good Race. Makes sense though. VW's are already have cars (freakin Germans) add 5 people and you have a car the Celica CAN beat lol.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Celica All-Trac Turbo @ Jul 10 2008, 11:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=170290
QUOTE (Zach @ Jul 4 2008, 12:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=170073
My Thoughts exactly...I can't even do that in my All-Trac...what super Celica is this that you drive strange one? lol

In any event Good Race. Makes sense though. VW's are already have cars (freakin Germans) add 5 people and you have a car the Celica CAN beat lol.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Like I said, might have been lower. I was watching where I was driving and watching for cops, not my speedo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts