Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I've recently been looking to get a Toyota Celica, and I just wanted to know how big the aftermarket for a 1991 Toyota Celica GT would be. I know the 7th gen has a relatively large one, but I don't see many early gens being modded. I am mostly looking at just general performance parts, and not extreme ones since this would be my first project car and likely a daily driver.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Most of the aftermarket performance market was created for the turbo engine versions of the 5th gen. Body parts and much of the accessory system (ie brakes) are interchangeable.

I have a 91 gt, but find more forum dialog on the turbo/alltrac sites. My guess is that there is a more concerted effort to save these rather than gt or st's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey! I've recently been looking to get a Toyota Celica, and I just wanted to know how big the aftermarket for a 1991 Toyota Celica GT would be. I know the 7th gen has a relatively large one, but I don't see many early gens being modded. I am mostly looking at just general performance parts, and not extreme ones since this would be my first project car and likely a daily driver.
Izzy,
I've come to the point with my '91 GT convertible (2.2L 5 speed stick) where I have to say goodbye, as I don't have the time (or the garage!) to adequately maintain the old guy anymore. I bought it in 2008 with 57K on it. It now has 103k miles on it; so about 3500 miles/year. I am looking for a Toyota enthusiast who will give the old guy the attention he needs to go for at least another 100k. If you're interested, we can take this off-line and talk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts