Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've checked online on how to fix the spoiler, but no luck. I have some issues. First, it's loose and I have no idea on how to tighten the darn thing. I could not see any access underneath the trunk lid for any bolts. Has anyone tried using glue to keep the spoiler from vibrating? Do i need to use a special glue? Second, the third brake light ain't working. After about an hour tinkering with fuses and checking source of power, i finally found the culprit! The two wires got pinched and cut off next to the antenna area. I managed to splice the wires and used extra wires and wire connectors leftover from a trailer light project. It wasn't a pretty job LOL, but hey it did the trick. Now the LED light is working!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are pictures. See the gap between the spoiler and trunk lid. I am tempted to drill a hole underneath and use a small toggle bolt to firmly secure this spoiler. But that would just create a water leak point. Hmmm. I also attached the pic of cut wires. This could be a common problem causing LED light not to work, obviously due to no power.
Any suggestions on how to fix this is appreciated....thnx in advance!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts