Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>This happened about a year ago, but my buddy and I were side by side going down Col. Glenn Highway headed towards Ponderosa in Beavercreek, Ohio.

NEwayz, I get to the light and he revs his 1980's lincoln town car at me, and I rev back w/ all of my 103HP auto(non-cali versions have 2 extra HP! w00t! ). The light turns green and we're off! I take the lead rather quickly gaining about a car length on him off the line. Yay for me! That big heavy vehicle won't catch up to me... so I think.

But after about 35mph he starts to gain on me! noooooooooo.. damn those v-8's! By 45 mph he is beginning to pass me, so I shut it down. boooooo..

May I mention that I had three girls in my car though, two of them rather hefty (don't ask...) being above the 250lb+ range. Maybe without those girls I coulda  kept him away till 50mph? hehehe...

I challenged him later to a race w/ my MKIV, but he didn't bite. No fair....  
</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>the real question is why did you have hefty ladies in the car at all ?</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
<font color='#810541'>why dont you give me the mark 4 and ill give u my GT and u can race him again
 sounds good to me!!!!!!!!</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts