Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I recently pulled the fuel pump out of my 1990 SX as it didn't seem to be working and this is what I was greeted with:

In looking for a replacement for the whole assembly, I've been quoted $1200AUD for the OEM part, which is more than I got my actual car for! There's still one more local lead I will chase up, but if that doesn't pan out I'll be looking at ordering a used assembly from most likely the US, and I have a couple questions concerning that before I spend any money on it.

1. Will the American (Celica GT/GTS) fuel pump assembly fit on my Australian SX? (I assume yes but I want to be sure)
2. Are there any differences between the assembly for the manual and auto versions of the car?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Use toyodiy to lookup part number and then the part number search to see where used. Antifreeze the us, our go to site is rockauto.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey everyone,

I recently pulled the fuel pump out of my 1990 SX as it didn't seem to be working and this is what I was greeted with:
View attachment 31804

In looking for a replacement for the whole assembly, I've been quoted $1200AUD for the OEM part, which is more than I got my actual car for! There's still one more local lead I will chase up, but if that doesn't pan out I'll be looking at ordering a used assembly from most likely the US, and I have a couple questions concerning that before I spend any money on it.

1. Will the American (Celica GT/GTS) fuel pump assembly fit on my Australian SX? (I assume yes but I want to be sure)
2. Are there any differences between the assembly for the manual and auto versions of the car?

Thanks in advance for any help :)
O0000...that looks awful. I put a new fuel pump in my '91. If you go to eBay and search 1990 Celica fuel pump there will be oodles of choices. I got a mid priced one around $60. US with free shipping. It was just the pump and connectors but the filter screen and mounting bracket from your old one will fit right on. Don't by anything "used". For a couple bucks ya got new.

This one was only around $21 US

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O0000...that looks awful. I put a new fuel pump in my '91. If you go to eBay and search 1990 Celica fuel pump there will be oodles of choices. I got a mid priced one around $60. US with free shipping. It was just the pump and connectors but the filter screen and mounting bracket from your old one will fit right on. Don't by anything "used". For a couple bucks ya got new. View attachment 31805
This one was only around $21 US
The problem is it all looks stuffed so I was thinking it would have been easier to buy a used full assembly for it, but do you think it's worth trying to clean it up and just getting the new pump?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Found a good condition full assembly for around $100, way better than $1200 in my opinion haha.

It should be here mid next week. I'll have to drop and clean out the fuel tank before it arrives though as I can see a heap of rust in it so that will be fun. Hopefully after the fuel system is cleaned out and the new pump is in (along with a new filter), I'll finally have a running car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts